Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmrhayes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 05:47 AM
    Maytag Performa washing won't agitate
    I've got a Maytag Performa washer, model PAV3300AWW, that won't agitate. Any ideas on how to fix this problem. Possibly a thrust bearing??
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Sep 6, 2008, 05:30 AM
    A thrust bearing will keep it from spinning. If it is worn it will not let the break release for the spin basket.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Performa Washer(35-5369) Noisy When Washing/Spinning [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Performa - I'm unsure of the model number but under the lid it says it is part # 35-5369. When it's agitating and spinning it makes a noise that sounds like a playing card against the spokes of a spinning bicycle wheel. It continues to wash and spin, but the sound is is getting...

Maytag Performa Washing Machine [ 1 Answers ]

The machine's tub will not turn. If it might be the transmission, how do I test it? The motor is good ( I took the belt off & the motor works fine. Thanks for your help, Karl

Maytag Performa PAV3200AWW Washing Machine Noise [ 1 Answers ]

Recently this 7 year-old washing machine started getting noisy throughout the agitation cycles and during the first part of empty/rinse cycles. This screeching noise sounds like bearings or transmission gears (definitely metal-on-metal), and it's quickly getting worse and louder. When the spin...

View more questions Search