Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reyrey10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 12:42 AM
    226 hp at the wheels
    Hi, I have a 98 mustang gt and its 226 hp at the wheels.. anyone know how much that is at the engine ?
    Mapleleafpete Posts: 125, Reputation: 4

Sep 4, 2008, 05:26 AM
    The stock mustang with a 3.8-liter V6 has 150 horsepower and 215 foot-pounds of torque,the 4.6-liter, single overhead-cam V8 rated at 225 hp and 290 lbs.-ft. . Is your engine stock?And what engine do you have?
    reyrey10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 06:29 AM
    It has the original 4.6 motor that comes with the 98'mustang gt. But its not stock.. its has borla exhaust,x-pipe,long headers,pi swap, sct tune,knn,3.73 gears,pulley. And it rated 226hp at the wheel.. but I don't know how much that is at the engine

Sep 4, 2008, 07:30 AM
    The only real way of getting the correct hp would have the car dyno'd.Another way but is not as acurate is to get the add on parts HP list, what I'm trying to say is---header manufactuers say by adding tere heardes you will get a 20% increase of HP--- bull dog chips will add 30HP and so on.Like I said these are just estamits(sp).Im not sure what a dyno costs these days but it's the real way of determining your HP, hope this helps.

Sep 4, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Id like to add I just found out that it costs about $90.00 for a dyno test,that's for 3 attempts,not a dyno tune,just the test :)
    Bowtie_Barbie Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Um if someone said it has 226 hp "at the wheels" then that's how much it has for the whole car pretty much... You can't really take the engine out and dyno it by itself... Well you can, but its kind of a pain in the butt... People usually say at the rear wheels meaning a rear wheel drive vehicle... Now if you have "extras" on it like your exhaust etc then you should take it to the dyno... Thats the only way to get all your numbers... Its hopefully a bit more than 226:)... My dad has a dyno at his shop... the prices usually range by area... My advice is get a 347 we just built one for a 98 that has just over 400 hp at the rear wheels and the engine has about 550 hp... The kit was less than $800... Just my 2 cents tho:cool:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unbalanced wheels [ 3 Answers ]

What could cause a wheel to be unbalanced on a rim?

Hot Wheels Cars [ 2 Answers ]

Are Hot Wheels Cars that I have from the mid 60"s tru the mid 70"s Worth anything?? Also how about Matchbox cars and trucks from the same time span??

D'mazio wheels [ 5 Answers ]

I needed to know who makes a wheel that has the logo D'mazio on the rim they are chrome wheels, with VIA690KG 17X7 stamped on the back of the rim.

View more questions Search