Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melibajric Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2003, 04:45 AM
    Finding an internship
    What are the best ways to find an interesting and paying internship?
    Are there specific sites that can help search for one?
    What are internship search dos and don'ts?
    viking Posts: 131, Reputation: 7

May 28, 2004, 07:51 AM
    finding an internship
    Generally the best way to identify internships is through company human resource departments. It is best to work with well-known companies that have established internship programs that will provide you with legitimate experience. You don't want to work for a companythat it s just looking to get free labor. You should try to identify those internships where the company is truly interested in educating you and providing with an opportunity should you perform well. That is, many companies will offer you a job if you perform well in your intership.

Make sure that you ask the company as many questions as they ask you because you should be interviewing each other. Most internships are unpaid so be prepared for that. You might try going on to Monster.com or Careerbuilder and searching for internships.

Good luck!
    manisha18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2006, 12:46 AM
    Comment on viking's post
    Reality answer
    OASIS2007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by melibajric
    What are the best ways to find an interesting and paying internship?
    Are there specific sites that can help search for one?
    What are internship search dos and don'ts?
    Contact the Orlando Area Student Intern Society!

OASIS provides employers requiring “semester” or seasonal assistance with exceptional students compelled to do challenging internships. With our support; OASIS employers compose leading Comprehensive Internship Training Plans, which are carefully prepared to attract high-achieving, career minded individuals like yourself. OASIS will represent your placement towards an internship that meets school course credit requirements, and becomes beneficial to future endeavors.

Keep in mind, 80% of the internships are PAID! All fees and costs incurred over the course of an internship are the responsibility of the student, but can in some cases be shared by an employer and/or your University. The total cost of securing an internship through OASIS is $500(USD).

Click on the link to our website :: Welcome to Orlando Area Student Intern Society :: complete the student application, then fax or email it to us for approval (OASIS responds to every application within 24 hours).

Director
    HGreen2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 05:40 AM

Check with your college, they should have a career center and they will be more than willing to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help finding name of movie Please [ 21 Answers ]

Hi Ive been searching for this movie for years now and know one anywhere knows the name I only remember certain parts mainly the ending Ok here it goes The movie is about a kid that has been shot I think it was gang related and the cops are chaising him and he takes a guy hostage and tells him to...

F1-internship-relocation tax deduction [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, For FY05, I am on F1, student from India. Went for an internship (3months) from GA to CA. Came back to school. Internship W2 shows breakdown Of total wages with re-location re-imbursement. Can I take deductions on moving expenses? I know I will Have to file 1040NR instead of NR-EZ....

Help finding website [ 1 Answers ]

Not sure if this is the proper channel. I am needing to find a website that shows statistics on how much time (in an average life or day, etc.) is spent on: waiting, looking for lost objects, etc. This is for a time management class I am teaching. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Finding out about scams [ 4 Answers ]

What is the page where you can find out if those notices you get that says don't open this or that is a scam or not?

Finding out Agent [ 3 Answers ]

How can I find out who a homeowners insurance agent is ? My daughter was injured on the property when their car backed into her. Reports were done and it has grown ugly. But no where is their Agent mentioned. They of course refuse to tell us.

View more questions Search