Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 4, 2006, 02:42 PM
    Qd All medication
    Does anyone know anything about the medication QD All?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2006, 05:39 AM
    Hi,
    Here is some good info on QDall, what it's for, what it does, side effects, etc;

QDall Drug Information

Best wishes.
    lalla1995 Posts: 36, Reputation: -1

Sep 12, 2007, 05:11 AM
    Hi I know first read this Questions and remember:

What is QDall (chlorpheniramine and pseudoephedrine)?

Chlorpheniramine is an antihistamine that reduces the natural chemical histamine in the body. Histamine can produce symptoms of sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and runny nose.

Pseudoephedrine is a decongestant that shrinks blood vessels in the nasal passages. Dilated blood vessels can cause nasal congestion (stuffy nose).

The combination of chlorpheniramine and pseudoephedrine is used to treat sneezing, cough, runny or stuffy nose, itchy or watery eyes, hives, skin rash, itching, and other symptoms of allergies and the common cold.

Chlorpheniramine and pseudoephedrine may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.

What is the most important information I should know about QDall (chlorpheniramine and pseudoephedrine)?

Always ask a doctor before giving a cold or allergy medicine to a child. Death can occur from the misuse of cough and cold medicines in very young children. Do not use any other over-the-counter cold, allergy, or sleep medication without first asking your doctor or pharmacist. If you take certain products together you may accidentally take too much of a certain drug. Read the label of any other medicine you are using to see if it contains an antihistamine or decongestant. Do not use a cough or cold medicine if you have used an MAO inhibitor such as isocarboxazid (Marplan), phenelzine (Nardil), rasagiline (Azilect), selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam), or tranylcypromine (Parnate) within the past 14 days. Serious, life-threatening side effects can occur if you take cough or cold medicine before the MAO inhibitor has cleared from your body. Chlorpheniramine and pseudoephedrine can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert. Avoid drinking alcohol. It can increase some of the side effects of this medication.

What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking QDall (chlorpheniramine and pseudoephedrine)?

Do not use a cough or cold medicine if you have used an MAO inhibitor such as isocarboxazid (Marplan), phenelzine (Nardil), rasagiline (Azilect), selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam), or tranylcypromine (Parnate) within the past 14 days. Serious, life-threatening side effects can occur if you take cough or cold medicine before the MAO inhibitor has cleared from your body.
    Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you are allergic to chlorpheniramine, or pseudoephedrine, or if you have:

Kidney disease;
    Diabetes;

Glaucoma;

Heart disease or high blood pressure;

Diabetes;

A thyroid disorder;

An enlarged prostate; or

Problems with urination.

If you have any of these conditions, you may not be able to use chlorpheniramine and pseudoephedrine, or you may need a dosage adjustment or special tests during treatment.

This medication may be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment. Chlorpheniramine and pseudoephedrine can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
    Artificially-sweetened liquid forms of cold medicine may contain phenylalanine. This would be important to know if you have phenylketonuria (PKU). Check the ingredients and warnings on the medication label if you are concerned about phenylalanine.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 19, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Thanks for your response, but this question is almost 2 years old. I have the info already.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medication for alzheimer's [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all First I am sorry cause my english not so good but ill try to explain what I want and I hope that some one can understand me when I have not good english. My friend 50 years old sick in alzhymer and we hear that there is new medicine for that kind of sick I am not sure from that medicine...

Medication for swallowing [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine has difficulty swallowing. She can't remember what it is called or the name of the treatment she was given before. She can swallow liquids and puréed food fine but when it comes to proper food, she can eat little and often but if she eats more than a few tablespoons in one hit it...

Medication [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering , according to Michigan law, can an intern prescribe meds?

Puppy worm medication [ 2 Answers ]

How often should you give worm medication to a 4 to 5 lb toy rat terrier that is 6 months old? ::)

View more questions Search