Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmirza Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 07:19 AM
    IE7 Kiosk Mode
    Hey, I have set IE 7 (Win Vista) to run in Kiosk mode but whenever I click a link it goes to a new window which is not in Kiosk mode. How can I either make it open link in same window or make the new window appear in Kiosk mode as well. HELP!! :confused:
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 3, 2008, 07:20 AM
    I have to ask but why are you running IE in kiosk mode ?

Sep 3, 2008, 07:26 AM
    Staff Scheduling, don't need people browsing. Just need them to see their work schedule.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 3, 2008, 07:30 AM
    Well have you simply looked at the code and removed the Target=_blank part ?
    This will make the link open in the same window.
    Failing that change IE's behaviour to open new windows in a new tab.
    Now I'm not sure were thi is in IE as I'm a Firefox user, but most likely in Tools.

Sep 3, 2008, 07:57 AM
    I have the target set to "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -k <WebSite>...

How is Firefox set to run in Kiosk mode? Links open in kiosk mode whether in same window or new window?

The Browser is not important, I only need it to stay in KIOSK mode at all times

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier A/C Blower will not come on in A/C mode but works when in heat mode [ 3 Answers ]

I need some guidance. I have a Carrier A/C unit that has been working fine. Last night the fan stopped working for some reason in the A/C mode. But when I put the heat on, it works fine. The compressor and condenser work fine but the A/C fan just will not kick on. I thought it might be the...

Kiosk at the malls [ 3 Answers ]

What a good sale item for kiosk

Fan runs forever when in heat mode but not in ac mode [ 2 Answers ]

Great web site and concept!! I have a York forced air gas furnace that has a Honeywell Fan Limit switch. The unit works great in the summer. The ac and the fan shut off correctly. However, in the winter the heat will reach its temp setting and turn off but the blower continues forever. I have...

Furnace turns off at 'ON' mode and will not operate at 'AUTO' mode [ 6 Answers ]

The furnace will not turns on at "ON' mode. After some reading, I thought it would be the pilot light that has gone out. I re-lighted the pilot light to see blue-red flame, but the furnace will turn off AGAIN after 3-4 hrs. Replaced a new Honeywell non-programmable thermostat today with the...

Furnace turns off at 'ON' mode and will not operate at 'AUTO' mode [ 2 Answers ]

The furnace will not turns on at "ON' mode. After some reading, I thought it would be the pilot light that has gone out. I re-lighted the pilot light to see blue-red flame, but the furnace will turn off AGAIN after 3-4 hrs. Replaced a new Honeywell non-programmable thermostat today with the...

View more questions Search