Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djryser Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2006, 01:32 AM
    New wiring of heatpump split system
    My house trailer has only electric heat. I have added the "A" coil and heatpump. I have replacaed the two wire thermostate cable with a five wire cable. One goes from the thermostate to the furnace the other goes from furnace to the outside unit.
    I'm using the two heaters as the aux heat.
    I have a Honeywell Cronotherm III thermostate.
    I have added two relays for each of the heating elements.
    I am using the origonal relay (sequencer) for the fan.

I need to know how to wire the thermostate to both units.
    For example does W on the thermostate go to the W in the furnace and outside unit as well.

Or just tell me how to wire the unit
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 4, 2006, 03:12 PM
    Can you furnish the wiring diagram for the thermostat?
    djryser Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2006, 02:03 PM
    The thermostat is a programmable unit Cronotherm III
    These are the terminals R; C; O; B; G; W2; W1; Y1; L

The furnace has no identification since I have rewired the controls, but I assume the fan will be "G" and each of the heating elementgs "W1 and W2" respectively

The outside unit had the following terminals and I will give the place they go to on the control circuit board

Y ----- T1 and Y
    O----- O
    W2 --- W2
    R --- R
    E --- goes through some adjustment device that has these markings 20; 40; 45 and back to R

I hope this helps and thanks for the answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My split is really affecting me... [ 88 Answers ]

I just got separated after a short marriage. I was handling the situation really good throughout the entire separation and was doing OK until a few days ago. Now all of a sudden I can't eat, my stomach is in knots all day, I feel like I want my spouse back (even though for the past several months I...

Wiring a 2 wire thermostat to a 4 wire system [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace equipped with central air.The compressor is shot in the AC unit,and I needed to replace the thermostat so I bought a heating only thermostat.I have the blower and the w wires together on the w terminal designation and the rh on the r terminal designation, and I have the y wire...

Heatpump blower cycles on off [ 1 Answers ]

The heatpump works but the blower has problems. When the fan is put to "On", or when the system is initiated by the thermostat, the blower sometimes will try to start, but cycles on/off. I can hear the relay clicking. When the system does operate correctly the problem will eventually re-occur....

Property split [ 1 Answers ]

hello, we inheriated property when my fatherinlaw died.everything has already cleared probate.our questions are 1-the proty is now tenants in common between the two brothers,they both are 50% owners equally.the willstated sellat fair market value at the time of death which both brothers didn't do...

View more questions Search