Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unclejohnny Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

May 3, 2006, 08:37 PM
    Stealing
    Does the on-site manager of an apartment complex have the legal right to move my property without giving notice that the property is in the way of other tenants? Can they legally CUT A LOCK to move a bicycle when I was never notified that such action would be taking place? I am the one with the other post on this thread about wrongful entering. I went to talk calmly to the manager, and as soon as she saw I was in the office, she stated RUDELY; "I need to talk to you too." Later, as I was walking back from Wal-Mart, Mr. Bobby French, the maintenance man, drove by and flipped me off, with no provocation whatsoever.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2006, 02:23 AM
    Read you lease, it is a contract, use it.
    andrew2004 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2006, 03:13 AM
    Only if your lease says they can
    If it doesn't you have a right to seek retribution
    unclejohnny Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

May 4, 2006, 08:56 AM
    The lease states that nothing can be left outside UNLESS the manager gives written or ORAL permission. One of the things stolen was a charcoal grill that was not blocking any walkway. If she intended for me not to have these things outside after giving oral permission, she should have told me yesterday to move them. Besides, I have to keep the apartment in good condition, putting a charcoal grill inside would cause damage to the carpet in the apartment; thus getting her out of responsibility to refund the security deposit. Besides, can they give me a copy of the lease with the conditions of security deposit paper signed by me only, or does one of the managers have to sign this document before they give me a copy of the lease? The bicycle that was stolen, most likely; I haven't been to my dad's house to see if he has it there, but stepmother said that as far as she knew, my dad was never at the apartment; was CHAINED to the metal bars holding the railing up, the ONLY way they could have moved the bicycle is by cutting the lock or chain, and the lock was one of those MasterLock with the shrouds protecting it from being cut, and the chain was a $100 tree chain, what is used to pull trees or tie them down on a truck. Please help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neighbor stealing my phone line [ 12 Answers ]

I live in a trailer park, and realized someone that recently moved in some how is using my phone line is this illegal, they are making long distance calls,every time I'm using my phone I hear them picking up trying to use the phone which they don't pay for? Please someone help me how are they...

How longs the jail sentence for stealing a vechile? [ 3 Answers ]

Well I have to ask. I friend of mine stole a car and I was with him We got caught last night And I was wonder what the maximum and the minimum jail sentence that he might get.

Stealing from home [ 4 Answers ]

Recently, my sister started stealingfrom home all the time. It saddens me to see her like this :'(, and my parents are depressed too... we do not know what to do... we've lost digital camera(S), mobilephones(s), videoplayer, wallets, and so much money that now we are really struggling... we tried...

View more questions Search