Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2006, 06:55 AM
    LOLL I haven't tried that yet, but yes it would be awesome and would allow me a break now and then. I'm a bit paranoid about having him on a bottle though, because he took some time to latch on, and my friend with 2 kids said they sometimes reject the breast afterwards. But it's a good idea to try, because I'm pretty tired from having to wake up every 2-3 hours or so to feed him.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 5, 2006, 07:01 AM
    Yea nipple confusion can be an issue. With our kids the breastfeeding part didn't go well so we resorted to formula after a month. I need much less sleep than my wife so I was able to have a little extra bonding time night and the wife slept - win/win.
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

May 5, 2006, 07:31 AM
    Good for you Orange for breastfeeding by the way, I breastfed my son until he was 11 months, but some good advice to you too would be to start giving them a bottle soon as well, otherwise you will never get out of the house! I waited too long to start doing this and he REFUSED to take a bottle, and it was absolutely murder trying to wean him. Just some words of the wise. Best wishes, breast milk is the best thing for babies! (I wanted to put this as a comment on your post but the dang system wouldn't let me :))
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 5, 2006, 09:05 AM
    =) a little off topic, eh? But since it was brought up...

Our son breastfed for the first year and a few months. For the first, oh I don't know... maybe 2.5 months we did no bottle, as momma stayed home from work. Then when momma worked she was able to come home sometimes and sometimes not, so we used a bottle w breastmilk. But there was no problem going back and forth.

And at the end, about a year and 2-3 months it was kind of his idea to stop... he just accepted the bottle and didn't fuss much about wanting momma.
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2006, 09:13 AM
    Thanks for the advice on breastfeeding, everyone... in the thread on Masons no less! LOL!! Maybe I should try the bottle soon... in a couple of weeks or so. I understand what you mean about being stuck at home Cgirl... that's what's happened to my one friend. She's never spent more than an hour away from her kids since they were born, and her oldest is almost 4 now!! As much as I love my baby, I don't think I could handle that.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 5, 2006, 09:21 AM
    A happy mommy = happy baby.

May 5, 2006, 09:51 AM
    Yes, this thread sure took a turn didn't it? Yea, I would maybe wait a couple of weeks and then try the bottle, this way you can do both, and then your husband can get involved in the feedings sometimes too, this would probably make him feel good.
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

May 5, 2006, 01:00 PM
    Orange, I am not sure if every one else was talking about formula in a bottle but you can try to pump then give the baby some. It'll be the best of both worlds. My wife pumped, wasn't easy but she did it. My first son was OK with the bottle but we did it more often. My second son would not eat out of a bottle right from the beginning until he had to. We went away for 3 days and by the next day he must have realized this was his only chance to eat. I thought it would take him awhile to wean off the breast but we put him on formula at about 11 months and he did great and weaned himself off. It all depends on the individual.

So how about the free masons? :D

May 5, 2006, 01:12 PM
    Okay back to free masons topic, I started a new thread about breastfeeding:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...ing-25678.html

May 5, 2006, 01:15 PM
    I think that the whole idea of Free Mason's being evil, and connected to the satanic church is an urban legend. It sounds like they are a lot like any other organization, like the Kiwanas Club or the Shriners. I think some people who make these accusations need to look more into it, like I am doing. I have learned not to believe everything you hear, and to look into something more thoroughly before I judge someone/something. If everyone was like this, a lot of conflicts would be stopped before they ever even started.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2006, 01:28 PM
    The problem, or course, being the hidden information. Why would such a charitable organization be so secretive in their workings? I am not saying they are "evil" or "satanic"... Im just saying they are not as they appear ;)

May 5, 2006, 01:32 PM
    Yea, I know what you mean. I don't get the whole secretive thing either. I guess that's why I originally started this thread. Why all of the secrets? I guess that is their right to do this, I just think it's weird that they are so secretive. I don't know. They seem like a good organization though, for the most part.

Here is a good website that I found about FreeMasons...

Freemasonry Explained
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2006, 01:39 PM
    I don't doubt that they do good things. I am really not familiar with the organization myself at all... it just seems to me that some people here seem to think they know exactly what they do. If people who are not masons know exactly what goes on and what they do and its just a charitable club, why would they bother trying to keep anything secret? Ya know? What's the point of being a "Secret Society" (which they have been known as sine the beginning of time) if people know what your doing... and if what you are doing is what people are describing here.

May 5, 2006, 01:42 PM
    Yea, I see your point. These are questions which remain to be unanswered
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2006, 01:49 PM
    Hmmm... interesting article.

However, my chronic paranoia and conspiriecy theories tell me that is the Masonic Façade, while in the deeper dwellings of the Masonic Lodges lies the agenda of the greatest minds in the world

</tinfoilhat>

Lol
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 5, 2006, 02:52 PM
    Lets try to break this up a bit. This whole labeling of Freemasonry as a "secret society" is a bit off. The only thing secret about them is the rituals they go through at meetings. Meetings are very structured with specific things being said at specific points. Movements are precise and according to patterns. And the like. Its nothing more sinister then the secret handshake you may have had between your friends as a youth.

There is nothing secret about their purpose, their doings etc.

So you need to look separately at what is secret and what isn't. They are not a "secret society" with secret goals and plans. They are nothing more than a philantrhopic, community service organization that maintains the privacy of their meeting ritual.

May 5, 2006, 03:00 PM
    Thanks Scottgem, I think I have a better understanding. I don't think they are bad in anyway, I just wonder what their secret rituals are. But I guess I would have to join to find that out. Thanks for all of the info.
    Hypatia Posts: 163, Reputation: 27

May 6, 2006, 12:56 AM
    So some of you believe that just because a groups outward appearance is charitable, seemingly healthy and just a normal type organization, that they could never be involved with more nefarious schemes? Next Im going to hear GWB is a good guy and he truly means well. There are orgs all over the world going back hundreds of years with secret social and political ties. To look at the surface and make a judgement is pretty shallow. I urge you all to do some research and you will not only find roses but you will find the thorns.
    I have been with Job's Daughters, had dinners with these people and while the lower ranking masons are great people, average people, to get into the top degrees unspoken rankings it takes more than typical familial ties.
    Ever wonder why almost every president is a mason?
    Try doing a bit of research into these things. It isnt just a topic for conspiracy theorists. these ties lead to so many organizations like PNAC for instance.
    Its more than secret handshakes and symbology. The symbolism alone goes back to some evil stuff. You just gotta dig far enough and look hard enough to find it.
    Just because I do not go into detail with my information doesnt mean i am speculative.
    Do not condemn my opinions because they differ from your own. That is so immature.

Hypatia
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2006, 04:14 AM
    Are you a Psychic?
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2006, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia
    [B]I have been with Job's Daughters, had dinners with these people and while the lower ranking masons are great people, average people, to get into the top degrees unspoken rankings it takes more than typical familial ties.
    But couldn't this be said of a lot of organizations, that the average members are good people whereas the top leaders are corrupt? Not that I believe it, but I've heard this very same thing being said about the Roman Catholic Church, for example.

If I (or someone else on the forum) wanted to do more research on Freemasonry, where would you suggest I start? There is a lot of stuff out there about the Masons, but how do you tell the garbage from what's actually true? What are some of your sources and how did you come to the conclusions that you've reached?

I'm not attacking you, I really am sincerely interested, especially since my husband is in the organization.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need a free PDF converter... [ 6 Answers ]

Does any one know of a free PDF to WORD or HTML converter... Preferably free? Thanks...

Free/Almost Free Online Multiplayer Games [ 51 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone could recommend any free/nearly free online multiplayer games. A few friends and I are looking for some good games over the internet. Preferably something other than a MMORPG as you have to devote a lot of time to those in order to keep up with each other. ...

Avg Free [ 11 Answers ]

I have installed AVG Free virus scanner but now I cannot receive or send emails from outlook express. If I close AVG then I can get mail Any ideas - I'm running Windows XP Thanks

Free mp3 songs [ 2 Answers ]

Hi pals I just wanted to ask you were can I find all the free mp3 songs I need. Can you giv me a site with free indian mp3 songs ? Thank q

.com address for free [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a way that I can create a decent website for free... for example can I create an http://www."mysitenamehere".com address without having to pay for the site. I have created a geocities site before... as well as a bravenet site as well.. but they have the messed up site name like the...

View more questions Search