Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 3, 2006, 10:18 AM
    20 week ultrasound.
    I went in for my lvl 2 u/s today and everything is looking great. The twins are weighing in at 10oz each. I've gained a total of 9lbs although I've lost two. We managed to find out the sexes today although they weren't as coperative as I had hoped for. It looks like we're having a boy(definately) and a girl (not 100% sure). Well I'm totally exhausted and going to go to bed for a nap. I should be on later tonight. See you then.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2006, 10:21 AM
    I'm glad everything is going so well, Myth. Wow one of each, that's exciting! Go rest. I'm going to lay down too, with my baby. :)
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 3, 2006, 10:27 AM
    Congratulations! I know the unexpected joy of learning of twins. I have identical twin boys.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

May 3, 2006, 10:30 AM
    Congratulations Myth, I hope you are able to get lots of rest.
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

May 3, 2006, 11:20 AM
    Cool!

My twin boys are due on June 1st. My wife is ready to have them today of course. :)
    howards girl Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

May 3, 2006, 02:00 PM
    Congrats!!

May 3, 2006, 06:20 PM
    Thanks everyone. The doc has me on bedrest already since I'm really high risk. He's worried about preeclampsia since I'm already swelling so much. So I'm pretty much grounded to the house and resting. It's really boring I might add. He says I'm 75% likely to have to have a c-section so that really scares me. I will be giving birth in an o.r. instead of a birthing room and that I'll be having an epidural just in case a c-sec is needed. I'm already mesuring a month and a half more than if it was just one baby. Maybe I'll have to start a twins web site cause I can't find one anywhere dedicated to this little miracle. Well back to my couch now.
    Jnet29 Posts: 88, Reputation: 13

May 4, 2006, 08:57 AM
    HI Myth, I'm happy to hear you and the twins are doing great you really have to take care of yourself and make sure you have help with cooking and cleaning because you won't be able to do any work now that you are on bed rest. I'm also happy to hear that you are having one of each a boy in a girl, you are so blessed. I am very happy for you : ) Oh I have a question I'm 2 months and showing are you suppose to be showing this soon?

May 4, 2006, 08:47 PM
    It depends on how many children you previously had, that tends to stretch all those muscles out and they really don't go back the way they were before hand. It also depends on your size and if your skinny or underweight that will cause you to show faster than a "normal" sized woman. Or you could be farther along than you think you are. Also it could be multiples, that usually depends upon age and heredity, but only with fraternal twins. Identicals are kind of an anomaly. I would say ask your dr at your next prenatal appointment and see if he'll order an ultrasound. If he suspects that your large for gestiational age he's probably going to order one anyway just to make certain. How old are you if you don't mind my asking? I ask only because the probability of having twins increases dramatically after age 25. Let me know and I'll see if I can find some more info for you.

May 5, 2006, 12:01 PM
    Hi Myth, I am 29 years old 5'6' 158 pounds I have 4 children so far. And my Twin and I are not identical twins, I'm just a little scared because everyone keeps saying I look like I'm carring twins. My last cycle was march 6, 2006 so if I go by that I am 8 weeks pregnant.

May 5, 2006, 09:28 PM
    Has your dr said anything about measuring large for gestational age? Hate to say this but your twin rate also increases with the number of pregnancies. I would ask my dr if you think it's a high possibility... at this point I would really advise you to seek out an u/s to rule out the possibility.
    RosieJ74 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

May 6, 2006, 02:26 AM
    Jnet,
    I have four kids also and it seems like everyone I have had, the faster I started showing. When is you ultrsound?

May 6, 2006, 01:02 PM
    Hi RosieJ74 I see my doctor on may 16th 2006 I just hope everything goes OK.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2006, 09:53 PM
    Good luck tomarrow, going to the doctor! Hope all goes well!let us know

May 16, 2006, 12:22 AM
    Good luck and keep us posted Jnet. I hope it all turns out the way you want it too.
    BRiGRL Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

May 16, 2006, 04:45 PM
    Hey Myth I just want to say CONGRADS on the twins.. I have always wanted twins.. but now I am not so sure LOL.. But I hope everything goes great!!
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 17, 2006, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnet29
    Hi RosieJ74 I see my doctor on may 16th 2006 I just hope everything goes ok.
    Hi, dear, hope everything turned out all right. Please let us know how you are doing.

Lots of luck and best wishes!

May 18, 2006, 05:19 PM
    Hi everyone I went to see my doctor and he said everything is going very well, he wants to wait until I'm 18 weeks befour I get a ultrasound.he said by then I will know what I'm going to have so I said that's fine as long as everything is OK, I'm 10weeks and counting thanks to all my friends thank you all for your help and support : ) I will keep you all posted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One more week [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so I just had to make a new post... :rolleyes: My Dr appt went really well today. The u/s and weight assessment was about five and a half pounds for each of the babies. I'm at three cm and it really doesn't look like I'm going to be progressing into labor anytime soon... :( Sooooo... I'm going...

Is once a week enough for abs? [ 4 Answers ]

I have heard you can work your abs max 3 times a week. About 5 days ago I did a killer ab workout and my abs are still a little sore. Should I work them if they are sore? Is Once a week enough?

15 week old puppie [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy refuses to eat her dry food, should l keep changing foods until l find one she enjoys?

7 week old GSD won't eat [ 3 Answers ]

We just brought home a 7-week old GSD and he has a wonderful temperament but he hardly eats at all during the day, vomited once (on the first full day that he was home), and has had nothing but diarrhea and urine come out of him. He also sleeps about 90% of the time during the day. We have been...

View more questions Search