Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilachorse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Whirlpool Dryer Electrical Problems
    A year ago I bought a Whirlpool Dryer. Within seven days they dryer would not tumble when I turned it on. Lowe's replaced it with another. Now 18 months later, the replacement dryer will not turn on. I checked my breaker box and nothing had tripped. I unplugged the dryer and plugged it back in and the next thing I know, the light had gone out.

Two dryers in 18 months? Is anyone else having a problem like this? Does anyone know what might be going on.
    redskinser Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Sep 2, 2008, 05:15 PM
    If you know how to use a meter I would make sure that there is 220 volts coming to dryer at the dryer block... could be issue where it plugs in 99 percent of the calls I run is always in the power
    cbs Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 05:47 AM

I'm having similar problems, my dryer shuts off intermittently and sometimes gives me a PF code. The techs replaced the power board three times and checked my voltage. I've also had two electricians come out, and there's nothing wrong with my electrical. I had them replace the outlet regardless... still same problem. I bought my Duet dryer Feb 08 and Whirlpool exchanged it Sept 08... the problem still exists. Please let me know if you come up with anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to fix Whirlpool Electrical Range Control/Regulator. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all. One of the element got shorted out and I had to replace that element. There were spark and burns at range and element join. Once I replaced the new element, it got turned on the heat. But the problem is that heat is Maximum all the time. When I use controller to lower the heat, it...

Whirlpool dryer gets too hot [ 1 Answers ]

My whirlpool dryer is a Roper model. I am having problems with it shutting off in the middle of the cycle. It is like it is getting to hot, because if I put a small load in it at night when it is cool then it runs fine. Now the problem is that it is smoking. We have already cleaned all the lint...

Whirlpool Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool dryer which has stopped spinning, the motor still runs, and it still heats up. I would like to try and figure out what is wrong with it. The model number is #LER7646DQ0.

View more questions Search