Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hippiefeet Posts: 60, Reputation: 4

Sep 1, 2008, 02:21 PM
    Curious about Oregon and Washington.
    I am considering moving... What is Oregon like?. Weather, landscapes, "cash crop", Portland, Salem, recreation... I can of course get brochures but would rather have a few opinions from members who have been there or live there.
    Thanks for reading. =)
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 03:26 PM
    I live in Eugene/Springfield area. I moved from Alaska about 7 and a half years ago. I love it, besides the rain in the winter, recreation wise, it is full of things to do. Rivers, lakes, the ocean is just an hour and a half away from me and Salem too. Hiking, biking is really big here. There are "small"mountains... what are you looking for in a place to live because you can go 2 or 3 hours away and it is like the dessert, or the other way it could have great snow and long winters!

Sep 1, 2008, 05:01 PM
    The desert, really? That would be interesting to see... Oh yeah, I have heard about some sand dunes there.
    I am looking at the Salem area or something of the like, I want to be near fresh water and forest, oh, and I like cold weather, except the rain and cold mix does not sound tempting.
    I live in Houston now and want to get away from the heat and the city life. I want more of a rural small town setting with not too much farm land. =)

Sep 1, 2008, 05:06 PM
    Oh yeah I forgot that living within 30-60 minutes of Portland or similar sized city would be nice, I hear downtown Portland is beautiful.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 05:10 PM
    If you like the city, it is amazing! Old and new all mixed into a beautified downtown!
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippiefeet
    The desert, really?! That would be interesting to see...Oh yeah, I have heard about some sand dunes there.
    I am looking at the Salem area or something of the like, I want to be near fresh water and forest, oh, and I like cold weather, except the rain and cold mix does not sound tempting.
    I live in Houston now and want to get away from the heat and the city life. I want more of a rural small town setting with not too much farm land. =)
    I would go towards Redmond or Bend, or southern Oregon is really pretty, a bit warmer and more the "california" weather. If you go to Salem, you will have rain, and Portland even more than us here. Salem though or even Portland, you can take weekend holidays that blow your mind! I wish you the best, just ask if you have a question, I will answer if I can!;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unemployment Benefits in Oregon [ 9 Answers ]

Who pays for unemployment benefits in Oregon? Can you provide a link? I've been searching and searching to find the answer, and can't find anything so I thought the wonderful people at AMHD would know!

Abandoment laws in Oregon [ 2 Answers ]

My son is now 20 months old. I was wondering how long it takes for the child abandoment laws take to kick in. my sons father knows he is the bio dad by dna test results but has made no attempt to pay child support or any other support for that matter. I thank you for you time and answers if you...

Can I sue Oregon DMV? [ 5 Answers ]

Last summer I was t-boned in an intersection by a guy who ran a red light. He was also taking his drivers test and had a DMV guy with him. The driver only spoke Spanish, the DMV examiner only spoke English. The license examiner said in the accident report that he saw that the driver was going to...

View more questions Search