Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackiecruze2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 12:51 PM
    Numbness and tingling in right hand and arm
    I am wondering if anyone knows why I might be experiencing tingling and numbness in my right arm and hand. My hand is so bad at times that I cannot make a closed fist. At other times I cannot grip things and I'll drop things w/o warning. This happens in left arm and hand also, but it's not as bad. It occasionally happens to my legs as well. If anyone knows what this might be or have exp something close to this, please let me know. Any advice on how to stop the pain will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much:)
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Hi Jackie...

I get a similar thing in my hands and arms, also mine feel cold sometimes.

I think you could have a trapped nerve in the spine or neck area, known as a cervical root nerve entrappment.

Basically it's inflammation of the vertibrae in the neck, sometimes caused by arthritis or spondilosis of the neck.

Sadly there is little you can do, I have been home for 6 weeks with it, taking anti- inflamatory drugs etc.. But as the doctor said you just have to wait for the swelling to go down ,it's a matter of rest.

It could also be bad circulation, being that you have it in your legs as well.If I were you I would go see your doctor who can diagnose you properly and hopefully give you something to correct it.

However there are some very good exersizes that really do help release the stiffness and eventually release the trapped nerve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Numbness and tingling in the heart area [ 3 Answers ]

Several times a day I get a numbness and tingling sensation in the heart area... I kind of bump my heart area with my hand and the sensation goes away. This can happen several times a day or not happen at all during the day. I do have borderline high blood pressure. I don't drink or smoke. I...

Numbness and tingling feeling near temple [ 2 Answers ]

I get an off and on feeling of numbness and tingling in my temple and above my left ear. It gets worse if I sleep on my side at night or put a phone up to the side of my head or when I exercise doing stomach crunches. I have had an mri and it showed no abnormalities. Any ideas what could be...

Numbness and tingling in right hand [ 5 Answers ]

I've been expercing numbness and tingling in my right hand for a while now, I've been boiling garlic as a natural remedi and would like to counitue to take natural remedies over prescription drugs the garlic works at least for that day. If I don't drink the tea, my hand feels numb and tinglt...

Numbness and tingling [ 1 Answers ]

First off. I'm making an appointment with my doctor. I'm kind of hoping for some opinions and possibly some other things I should think to tell her about when I see her. Following are the symptoms I'm having: Tingling and tenderness on my right side, about midway up my torso. It has been...

Tingling and Numbness [ 6 Answers ]

Yesterday I woke up. Came out to use the computer and leaned my arm on the arm rest. My arm from the albow and up half way was completely numb and tingling. It has not gone away. This is the second day and still feeling the same way. Anybody experience this for a long time? Joe

View more questions Search