Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trendy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2006, 11:05 AM
    About Early withdrawel on 401k
    What is the penality for early withdrawel for first time home buyers, I was penalised 30% 20 for early & 10% for taxes I this correct
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2006, 04:26 AM
    Hi, trendy,
    Yes, you are correct. The penalty for early withdrawel is the same; regardless of the reason you are withdrawing it.
    Actually, the 20% is for Federal Taxes, not for Early withdrawel.
    The 10% is for Early withdrawel.
    It's the same though, total of 30%.
    If your state has a State Income Tax, you will have to pay State taxes as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401K early withdrawal [ 15 Answers ]

I have a 401K question about early withdrawel. Actually, let me give you a scenario: 401K balance - $28000.00 I have the understanding that 20% is immediately taken out for federal taxes with an early withdrawel, which would be in this case $5600.00, and that would make the distribution...

401k early withdrawal [ 4 Answers ]

The plant that I currently work at is closing down. I have a 401(k) that currently has $16,000 in it. I am 48 years old. What kind of penalties am I looking at if I pull all the money out when the plant closes? Approximately how much in taxes will I be paying at the end of the year? I have made...

401K early withdrawal [ 5 Answers ]

I have been laid off due to a work injury. To survive I must cash in my 401k, but I am trying to avoid the early withdrawal penalty. I have not yet been declared disabled but am currently pursuing this. Our family taxable income is only 26,000.00. I am currently receiving workman's compensation...

401K early withdrawal [ 4 Answers ]

I am in a 401K plan at my work and have been advised our company does not have it where you can get a loan. I need to make withdrawl funds from my 401k to handle some legal fees for a custody battle. Can I just and pay a penalty?

401k early withdrawal or hardship? [ 9 Answers ]

I need $22500.00 to pay off debts. Why do I have to qualify in order to get my money when I have $54,000.00 in my 401k. I need to pay off debt not pay for funeral.. If I don't pay off my debts I am looking at losing my home in the near future as they raise my interest rate from 8% to 11 %. How can...

View more questions Search