Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iblolo2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2008, 08:49 PM
    Ceiling fans and lights turning on by themselves
    I have ceiling fans (with lights) in bedrooms and familyroom. They are controlled by switch w/battery. The fans and/or lights started coming on by themselves. Thought might be battery. Replaced batteries. Still have problem. Took batteries out of switch and the fans and/or lights still come on by themselves. What should I do?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2008, 09:21 PM
    You need to change the frequency of the fans and remotes. See:

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lights turning on by themselves [ 25 Answers ]

Last night a light turned on downstairs by itself. How can this happen? It was very scary and spooky. Nobody was down there and it was definitely turned off when we went to bed. About 2 am it suddenly came on. SHould I be worried? What could have caused this? The light is an electric light...

Turning on lights [ 1 Answers ]

I have a chrsyler pacifica 2005 don't know how the head lights work please help

Hampton Bay Gazebo fans w/lights [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has already installed two Gazebo 52" fans with lights on our porch ceiling. He installed them in the standard position, a little down from the ceiling. They are too low, threatening our taller family members' safety. How would he go about reinstalling them in the close-to-ceiling...

Multiple lights and ceiling fans [ 3 Answers ]

My church just bought an old building to move to. In the large room we removed all the lights. We wanted to install 6 light fixtures and 4 ceiling fans with lights. We wanted to add a dimmer switch to dim all the lights but found out all of the wiring is controlled by one switch. If we install a...

View more questions Search