Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tbc56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Water in fridge door shuts off prematurely
    I have a 2 yr. old side-by-side Performa fridge by Maytag. Recently the water in the door has been shutting itself off automatically after only dispensing a few ounces of water. Then it takes a while before it will dispense any water at all and then only a small amount again, depending on how long I wait. It's not a clogged filter because I've been operating it without a filter because the original filter clogged up in about 4 months after I first bought and hookd up the fridge. My water quality is very poor where I live. Is there a solenoid or water valve that could be clogged? The icemaker in the door works fine.
    redskinser Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Sep 1, 2008, 09:53 PM
    If the icemaker is working you could be having problems with the mirco switch in the door... with is at the water paddle when you press it in...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HEIL Furnace Air Cycler shuts off prematurely [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a HEIL furnace Mod# NTC6150KJA1. The air cycler timer is set for 30 minutes and once the time expires, the air cycler kicks on for about 3 seconds and then shuts off. It kicks on again 2 seconds later and stays on for 3 seconds and then shuts off. It continues this cycle for a...

View more questions Search