Continued from here: The NC Calendar II
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2008, 10:33 AM
    Thanks cb.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 12:04 PM
    Wow, that was fast, but this is a great thread, and I think it will be an awful long time before it slows down.
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Aug 31, 2008, 09:55 PM
    Can't believe were at number three now... Pretty intense

I do agree - great thread...
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Aug 31, 2008, 11:27 PM
    No contact for a while.

All I know is my ex going to start school up in Northern Cali (San Francisco) on Sept. 4th but I don't care cause I know I'll be rolling in the streets with nice cars =]
    Shadowburn Posts: 249, Reputation: 179

Sep 1, 2008, 06:37 AM
    NC #3, 15 days after break up
    I have to work tomorrow, probably will see him at work.
    That makes my heart sink, although I'm doing OK so far ;(
    starberrycherry Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 09:10 PM
    Okay well since I broke it off with my exboyfriend we didn't talk at all for about a week and a half, then he texted me... we had maybe two conversations through text messages pretty argumentative. We both said that we were not satisfied with our relationship for different reasons (I was angry with him for this thing between him and a girl that I think now was not sexual anyway and I was being more suspicious and distrustful than what I knew about it really afforded me it kind of blew up calmly; he was bringing up things about how I never let him meet my family in 1 1/2 yrs, that I wouldn't say I loved him)... it's been about 3 days since then... we texted each other a little yesterday because well we both need our stuff back from one another... I said I missed him after a while he said I miss you too, I never answered and I haven't heard from him since. I miss him a lot more than I want myself to, I just mope and I feel really down and lonely. He is 37 (I am 21) and plans to run for a place in government for maybe an election in the fall, I know he's probably really busy and I hate the thought of him getting a text message or god forbid I call him as he's around all of these people all the time... with the girl I was upset over :( I feel so embarrassed and ashamed that he's on my mind so much... I want to work out A LOT but my gym membership expired and I don't get paid until Friday I just feel so stupid... sorry this is so long and pathetic

Sep 3, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starberrycherry
    Okay well since I broke it off with my exboyfriend we didn't talk at all for about a week and a half, then he texted me...we had maybe two conversations through text msgs pretty argumentative. we both said that we were not satisfied with our relationship for different reasons (i was angry with him for this thing between him and a girl that i think now was not sexual anyways and i was being more suspicious and distrustful than what i knew about it really afforded me it kind of blew up calmly; he was bringing up things about how i never let him meet my family in 1 1/2 yrs, that i wouldnt say i loved him)...it's been about 3 days since then...we texted each other a little yesterday because well we both need our stuff back from one another...i said i missed him after a while he said i miss you too, i never answered and i haven't heard from him since. i miss him a lot more than i want myself to, i just mope and i feel really down and lonely. he is 37 (i am 21) and plans to run for a place in government for maybe an election in the fall, i know he's probably really busy and i hate the thought of him getting a text message or god forbid i call him as he's around all of these people all the time....with the girl i was upset over :( i feel so embarassed and ashamed that he's on my mind so much....i want to work out A LOT but my gym membership expired and i don't get paid til friday I just feel so stupid....sorry this is so long and pathetic
    Eh... go with your girlfriends xD

Just think of the horrible stuff he did to you!

I thought of my ex getting hurt and such... got it out of my mind
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 06:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hjpan
    I thought of my ex getting hurt and such... got it out of my mind
    HER getting hurt?

... like, physically?
    Jason8676 Posts: 102, Reputation: 8

Sep 3, 2008, 08:58 PM
    It's been 119 days for me-although my ex-girlfriend sent me one stupid, meaningless text back on June 4(which I ignored) and attempted to call on August 24, leaving a retarded message on my voice mail in which she cracked a joke about the nickname she used to call me when we were together. Mind you, this girl is 26 years old and far from being mentally mature. I think I'm handling it pretty well although I still think about her daily. Sept. 4 will mark the last time me and her were together as a couple as she decided to leave this time a year ago to date other people as she obviously felt that I was too busy for her and she wanted to go where the grass was greener. At least I'm trying to bust my butt and make a living-there's no telling about the poor sap she started dating.

Sep 3, 2008, 10:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    HER getting hurt?

...like, physically?
    No... just her life is out of control =]

Got to manipulate the thinking process.
    NorthernNiceGuy Posts: 238, Reputation: 75

Sep 4, 2008, 06:55 PM
    Hey Guys...

Its been a real long time since I have been here... I see you've guys have made it to thread 3... Nice to see. I was without internet for about a month and just never really got back on the wagon.

Well its been just over 4 months now for me. Things for me, as I am sure for a lot of you guys that started this when I did have changed radically... I will admit, I am not over it yet, and to this day there are times when I feel pretty down. But I am back to my old self again. I have gone over a day without thinking about her and can clearly see that life does go on and that I definitely will be OK.

I even had a glorious rebound haha. Don't worry I didn't hurt anybody... she had just broken up with her b/f so when we ended it, it was completely mutual. Had a lot of fun though and for those two weeks I don't think I thought about my ex more than a couple times. Showed me something though... that I am going to meet someone else, and when I do its going to be so exciting and fun that I am not going to give my ex a second thought.

So everybody, let me know how you're all doing. I'm interested to hear.
    gg23 Posts: 72, Reputation: 12

Sep 4, 2008, 08:15 PM
    Hey nng... good to hear that you are doing OK bro... my Bu happened in April.. it's going on 5 months on the 20 th of this month. I have to say I have been OK. Everyday I noticed how slowly I have made my way out of the hole that I was in. you are right it does feel better to get myself back. Although it's not 100 percent yet, but I can definitely tell that I have made a lot of progress. I have also been dating this new girl for about 3 months now. We go through a lot of ups and down, but I'm sticking to my gun. Except I texted my ex to ask for my bracelet that was a gift from my mom. She didn't reply,but at this point I could careless. I told her that if she doesn't want to talk to me that's fine, but I need my bracelet as it's means a lot... so I hope that she sends it eventually... I think she stopped talking to me when I posted the pictures of me and the new girl on fbook. Oh well... she is sweet and we are making progress slowly. She is very supportive. Anyway bro our journey is almost complete... it does feel good to know that I stood up for myself and made myself better... everyday when I miss her and feel down, I remind myself of the quote... " if you are walking in hell, keep walking...." so I know that I'm going to be stronger and a better partner and that I have grown... anyway bro hope all is well with you...

Sep 4, 2008, 08:30 PM
    I'm making progress... but it's awkward/embarrassing...

3-5 girls, ages from 13 to 15, like me.... I know for sure the 15 year old really likes me... particularly cause I'm Asian, tall, and older xD

Anyways... the bad part is whenever I see a girl, it'll remind of my ex D=

IT FREAKING SUCKS
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 4, 2008, 08:36 PM
    In 5-6 years you should have one huge date book. Hard as it is stick to your own age. Less trouble that way.

NNG, GG, Good to hear your doing well, it does get better still.
    barney1010 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Sep 4, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Well, NC day one would begin tomorrow. I'm just a bit confused about the whole thing. Like NC to them yeah, but what do you do when they contact you? Just completely ignore it?

Sep 4, 2008, 10:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by barney1010
    Well, NC day one would begin tomorrow. I'm just a bit confused about the whole thing. Like NC to them yeah, but what do you do when they contact you? Just completely ignore it?

Exactly, she wanted it so give it to her. Talking to you makes her feel better, yet only makes you more miserable... You don't owe her anything. Take care of yourself bud, leave her be.
    e22 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 10:08 PM
    My ex and I broke up yesterday after 1 1/2 yrs. We've broken up before but we always end up getting back together the next day. I'm so tired of him breaking up with me, I've been on an emotional roller coaster and I know I just need to cut him off if I'm ever going to move on. I can't "be friends" with an ex, I'm interested in this NC rule. I talked to him today, and he was really mean to me which is helpful I guess... makes me not want to get back together with him. I'm having a really hard time not calling him though. Does anyone have any advice about how not to pick up the phone and call or email him? I have a feeling I'm going to struggle with this...

Sep 4, 2008, 10:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by e22
    My ex and I broke up yesterday after 1 1/2 yrs. We've broken up before but we always end up getting back together the next day. I'm so tired of him breaking up with me, I've been on an emotional roller coaster and I know I just need to cut him off if I'm ever going to move on. I can't "be friends" with an ex, I'm interested in this NC rule. I talked to him today, and he was really mean to me which is helpful I guess....makes me not want to get back together with him. I'm having a really hard time not calling him though. Does anyone have any advice about how not to pick up the phone and call or email him? I have a feeling I'm going to struggle with this...

Well everyone struggles with it so don't feel bad about that... My first couple months of doing it were littered with screw ups... But once you actually get serious it does wonders in making you feel better. Things you could do to help... hmmm. Well may I suggest writing a list of all the things that you don't like about him and the relationship and leaving it beside your phone... Also (I did this), whenever you get that erg to call find yourself a family member or close friend that you go to first... Pour out your feelings to them and allow them to stop you and help you see what you are really doing...

Remember calling them or contacting them in anyway won't do you any good. Just read the posts by all of these people... Every time you screw up you regret it instantly, and feel worse. When you do contact them you are not going to get the reaction you want... trust me. Just think of how you will feel after you call him and how nothing good was accomplished...
    cowboyjai Posts: 66, Reputation: 8

Sep 5, 2008, 03:35 AM
    My ex came by today while I wasn't home and dropped off some money that she owed me.

I was pretty surprised by it, I didn't think she was going to pay me back, and the fact that she did sort of broke my defenses a little bit. Like it was easier to deal by being pissed at her, and this was a good, decent act which gutted me more than thinking the money wasn't coming back.

I broke NC once at the start of this (we broke up a bit over a month ago now), and we hooked up, and then the next day she left again. Since then I haven't broken it. I still haven't, but she wants some documents she left on my computer

I'll probably leave them on a usb for her and leave it on my desk.

I wish she would stop contacting me. I've done all I can realistically do at the moment - new number, kept busy, new hobbies, more time with friends. I still miss her and have feelings, but I'm smart enough to deal with them. I'll just leave the documents here for her and hopefully that's the last I'll hear from her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The NC Calendar II [ 1501 Answers ]

** Admin Note: This thread started here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-member-discussions/nc-calendar-124229.html ** You should have got a drum set, the best way to release anger within music is banging on dose drums

The NC Calendar [ 1499 Answers ]

I just had this idea after reading Mik's post. How about if we use this thread to count the NC days, all of us? Each one would mention how long he/she's been maintaining the NC period and how he/she feels with time. Maybe in some way this can help us all (including me)? This is my first...

Calendar boys? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an obscure 80's or 90's movie about a swim team that has to make some money so they sell calendars?? It was a male calender that some friends put together and were selling at a school café ot something like that.

Outlook Calendar [ 2 Answers ]

How do you make a certain Calendar view(i.e Monthly) your default Calendar view? Every time I change it to monthly, it goes back to weekly when I click away and click back to calendar. Thanks in advance

View more questions Search