Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cantbelieveit Posts: 72, Reputation: 3

Sep 7, 2008, 04:31 PM
    I have been breaking NC over and over the last few weeks. After our phone call yesterday I think I just have to stick with it. I told him yesterday I'm to the point where if he doesn't care than I don't want to try anymore. Today is exactly 1month mark of our break up. I have been trying to keep busy but I can't get him out of my head. Today is the first day it kind of set in that it's over and I don't think he'll even contact me again :( It makes me so sad. How do you stop caring in order to keep NC?
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Sep 7, 2008, 05:07 PM
    Its not that you stop caring to keep NC, rather to keep NC to help yourself stop caring...

Instead of thinking of it in that way, try to care more about yourself and less about others. This is one time in your life when you need to make yourself number 1.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Sep 7, 2008, 06:05 PM
    *sigh*
    Relationships..... make me sick~

Sure, there are a lot of attractive girls around...

Hopefully, I'll enlist myself summer 2009
    barney1010 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Sep 8, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by barney1010
    First day is today, but honestly, when I think about at least one of the things she said was true, I can't just not take blame for at least one thing and that was how I did actually smother her. Like getting annoyed at text delays, or call even if she said she couldn't talk after x amount of text delays. Or if she didn't reply after like 10-15 mins would call repeatedly back to back til she did. I think I went way over the top with that, ended up being more of a stalkerish move than anything else. I don't honestly know what's wrong with me, probably fear and this being my first time feeling such a strong connection to someone, but that's still no excuse to hound someone like that. She said it wasn't because of the calls, but I don't see how it couldn't have had at least some small bit to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird213
    Theres no point in blaming yourself now and thinking about it. What happened has happened and you can't take it back. The best you can do is understand your faults in the relationship and work on improving those faults. You don't need to dread on the negative...
    Still, though... I did kind of go over the top with it I think. Going to point one of the experts to what I said and see what they think also. Sometimes you can get confused between too much, especially if you've developed insecurity issues over past failures like I've developed. I had the insecurity issues when this relationship started, so I always would have issues with that when I should have been, etc. Stuff like that, which ultimately would lead to the nagging calls over and over.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 12:01 PM
    Okay you have issues to work on, do so. Also realize that she does also, so let her. No point in dwelling on the past, just because you to were not compatible enough to keep things going. It happens. Time to let it go, and work on you, so you don't repeat the mistakes of the past.

Sep 8, 2008, 03:15 PM
    Besides the sad, depressing, lonely life of mine... I am doing alright..

Earning a lot of reputation around my new job =]
    Boristheblade Posts: 141, Reputation: 17

Sep 9, 2008, 01:11 PM
    I am exhausted. EXHAUSTED. Mentally and emotionally. I am fed up of thinking of my ex and how bitterly he has disappointed me from the morning I wake up until the minute I fall alseep- and then I dream of him, and I walk around with this heavy weight inside like around the chest area and it's exhausting and I want it to go away. Even when I am working and fully busy it STILL plagues my thoughts. I am feeling very pessimistic lol

Sep 10, 2008, 12:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Boristheblade
    I am exhausted. EXHAUSTED. Mentally and emotionally. I am fed up of thinking of my ex and how bitterly he has disappointed me from the morning I wake up until the minute I fall alseep- and then I dream of him, and I walk around with this heavy weight inside like around the chest area and it's exhausting and I want it to go away. Even when I am working and fully busy it STILL plagues my thoughts. I am feeling very pessimistic lol

I'm right there with you. It is soooo draining getting over everything that has happened and now trying to keep NC. I think I made it through day 3. Baby steps... I almost broke NC today but I made it :)
    NorthernNiceGuy Posts: 238, Reputation: 75

Sep 10, 2008, 10:37 AM
    NC is pretty tough at the beginning because you guys are still holding out that hope of reconciling, and you think that contact will help facilitate that...

But as of yet has any of the contact you have had with your ex's lead to anything?? No... Its just hurt you more and set you back further in your recovery... Trust me, if your ex wants to try again they will come and get you. And the bitter truth is that they probably won't so don't hold out that hope.

Myself and a lot of others on here were the same emotional wrecks you are, so take that as yes it will get better, and it's a time game. Time will heal these wounds and sticking to NC will help you get there faster... Do whatever you have to do to make it easier. Myself, I blocked and deleted her on Facebook and msn... Called my cell phone company and got them to block her calls and texts from my phone... Might seem like a bit much but hey, it helped me in a big way knowing I wouldn't have to hear from her... And whatever helps you feel better is what's important...

I know you are weak but please do your best to cut them out of your lives... trust all of us, it makes a world of difference...
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Sep 10, 2008, 11:17 AM
    Just thought I'd share for those struggling to keep NC or just starting...

I just happened to go through the saved away message I have for my instant messenger which are still there from my breakup... Looking at them now, I feel a little of the sting, but at the same time I have to smile a little inside and laugh at how pitiful they seem...

Its just proof that in time you feel better, time goes by and things get better... Take it day by day.

Sep 10, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird213
    Just thought I'd share for those struggling to keep NC or just starting out....

I just happened to go through the saved away message I have for my instant messenger which are still there from my breakup.... Looking at them now, I feel a little of the sting, but at the same time I have to smile a little inside and laugh at how pitiful they seem...

Its just proof that in time you feel better, time goes by and things get better... Take it day by day.
    I deleted all the messages to save myself from the pain...

But I face a bigger problem... I can't trust any girls anymore~

After all the friendships with females, majority of them flirt with me extremely...

I get attached and all of a sudden, they tell me they're committed to someone else or they are in a relationship

*sigh*

Sep 11, 2008, 10:39 AM
    Yes I keep breaking NC because I do want to reconcile. I sent an email that I thought would not get a response kind of like closure to end things on a good note and got a pretty long response and it just ends up confusing me. I do want to remain friends but a lot of people on here say friends is too hard. I don't know I guess it's just too early and too fresh a wound. I'm too weak and confused.

I also now have trust issues. I'm scared of being with a new person and always having in the back of my head they will screw me over or lie to me somehow. Even just day to day things like at work I take phone calls and this lady was calling in for her "boss". I was like I bet this lady is having an affair with her boss. That's so bad... but kind of funny to me too that I'd jump to a conclusion like that. I have soooo far to go.

Sep 11, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cantbelieveit
    I also now have trust issues. I'm scared of being with a new person and always having in the back of my head they will screw me over or lie to me somehow.
    Same here...

I have been played with by girls, majority of them were my friends...

I stopped talking to them and I feel really depressed, down, and unhappy.

Yes, there are many pretty/cute/sexy girls out there, but I'm also afraid that I will be cheated on, dumped, and/or lied to.
    NorthernNiceGuy Posts: 238, Reputation: 75

Sep 12, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cantbelieveit
    Yes I keep breaking NC because I do want to reconcile. I sent an email that I thought would not get a response kind of like closure to end things on a good note and got a pretty long response and it just ends up confusing me. I do want to remain friends but a lot of people on here say friends is too hard. I don't know I guess it's just too early and too fresh a wound. I'm too weak and confused.

I also now have trust issues. I'm scared of being with a new person and always having in the back of my head they will screw me over or lie to me somehow. Even just day to day things like at work I take phone calls and this lady was calling in for her "boss". I was like I bet this lady is having an affair with her boss. That's so bad...but kind of funny to me too that I'd jump to a conclusion like that. I have soooo far to go.
    Take anything your ex says to you with a grain of salt... My ex would tell me over and over that she wasn't sure if its over and all that stuff, meanwhile she was sleeping with some guy... even to this day she says that. It's a load of bull though and you have to see through it and ignore it.

That reconcile feeling really gets in the way though... But you have to try and put it out of your head and understand that 99% of the time its over. And there are really better things waiting out there for you.

And I think you only think you have trust issues, you are heart broken and a bit jaded. You are seeing everything through a cloud of thick emotions... I did and thought just what you did, its normal. Once you really start to heal that will fade away. There are a lot of great people out there so try not to let them pass you by.
    f104 Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Sep 12, 2008, 11:19 AM
    I am going into my 3rd month of NC and I feel pretty good. I think of her but I do not yearn for her like I once did. I also believe that I can finally move on and meet somebody else. This site has been great.

Sep 12, 2008, 12:13 PM
    So has anyone broken NC and then realize they need to go back to it? Reason why I ask is because I've broken it and now he's trying to give a half attempt to communicate with me about basic things not "us". Today I want to go back to NC and I wonder what to expect from him if he just out of nowhere stops hearing from me. I'm on this rollercoaster of wanting to reconcile and wanting to forget all about him.

Sep 12, 2008, 10:27 PM
    Well, I got bored so I went on my ex's myspace profile ~

Eh.. what do you know? I don't feel bad about it cause she's having fun up in San Francisco instead of getting her head straight with "art animation" program. For me, I've been working... saving up... researching on modifying my future-to-drift car xD

Besides that, I'm just tired of girls & relationships.... every single one I've met would flirt with me, then get down, and tell me that they're taken last minute *sigh*

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 13, 2008, 07:26 AM
    So has anyone broken NC and then realize they need to go back to it?

Darn near everyone here, so join the party, LOL! Thought you were unique for a minute, didn't you??
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2008, 07:34 AM
    Haha, you kidding me?

I've broken NC time and time again... only to come here and whine, then get my @ss kicked my tal... til I stuck with it.

Really, it's the only way to go.

Sep 13, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Yes my brother and I were talking about it yesterday and he said it's really the only way to go. Deep down I know it is but it's just the letting go that keeps me breaking it. I am having a hard time letting go. So today will be day one AGAIN. I stopped responding to everything yesterday and it felt better. Today should be easier. It's not as bad a day for me as yesterday. It is such a rollercoaster though it's tough. One minute I'm all motivated and the next weak as ever... eesh!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The NC Calendar II [ 1501 Answers ]

** Admin Note: This thread started here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-member-discussions/nc-calendar-124229.html ** You should have got a drum set, the best way to release anger within music is banging on dose drums

The NC Calendar [ 1499 Answers ]

I just had this idea after reading Mik's post. How about if we use this thread to count the NC days, all of us? Each one would mention how long he/she's been maintaining the NC period and how he/she feels with time. Maybe in some way this can help us all (including me)? This is my first...

Calendar boys? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an obscure 80's or 90's movie about a swim team that has to make some money so they sell calendars?? It was a male calender that some friends put together and were selling at a school café ot something like that.

Outlook Calendar [ 2 Answers ]

How do you make a certain Calendar view(i.e Monthly) your default Calendar view? Every time I change it to monthly, it goes back to weekly when I click away and click back to calendar. Thanks in advance

View more questions Search