Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    COCADA Posts: 65, Reputation: 8

Jul 8, 2009, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    You can make amends after that.

Does this means that after I'm heal it's OK to contact him and tell him that I'm sorry? If I am going to that I want to do it for myself, so I can stop thinking about that.
    Dare81 Posts: 264, Reputation: 44

Jul 8, 2009, 02:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by COCADA View Post
    Should I tell him I am sorry for what I did, for what I told him and for not leaving him alone for such a long time? I don't want things to ens like between us, sometimes I just can't sleep thinking on how mean I was to him, I was very hurt when I told him all of these things but I regret it so bad, maybe he doesn't care about it at all but I feel horrible for everything that I told him . Please someone tell me what to do. I really need some advice, I am desperate , don't know what to do. :confused::confused:
    Leave him alone.There is no need to apologize right now.You also need to relaize that this relationship is over, and you really need to move on.Find something to do, workout jog, walk anything.In time you will feel a lot better

Jul 8, 2009, 02:49 PM

In by the way if you post your question here you will probably get a lot more advice then on this thread.

Relationships - Ask Me Help Desk

Jul 8, 2009, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dare81 View Post
    Leave him alone.There is no need to apologize right now.You also need to relaize that this relationship is over, and you really need to move on.Find something to do, workout jog, walk anything.In time you will feel a lot better

The funny thin is that I do all of that to keep my mind busy and somehow his memory haunts me. I do want to feel better, thank you.

Jul 8, 2009, 02:56 PM

You will eventually, it takes time, be patient with yourself.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 8, 2009, 03:06 PM

Your dead on Dare, about being patient, and starting her own thread.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 04:05 PM

Goodness, I haven't been here in AGES...

Well, need I say more about my relationship? Ummmm... I made an update here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...161688-48.html

Pretty much, I made amends with my ex (after over a year and a half)... and we caught up on each others' lives, and we hoped to see one another sometime in the future.

To everyone having a rough time, keep your head up. Things do get better... eventually.

Listen to tal, even he kicks your butt.

Jul 9, 2009, 11:54 PM

I know I'll get a kick in the a** from you guys, but Today I broke NC, he called me and I answered, he wanted to wish me happy birthday we kind of catched up on what we've been doing, really quick call, I have to say it was nice to talk to him for a little while, we were both very calm, and cool during the call, we even shared a couple of laughs, to finish the chat I just said '.. well.. thank you for calling, take care' that was it. For some reason I felt better after talking with him, I won't break NC again though, I don't want to know too much about him, that makes me miss him even more, I don't want that. NC and you guys have helped me clean my mind from a lot of junk. I am no angry at him anymore, just sad and still miss him. I guess I'm now back to day one from NC.

Jul 10, 2009, 12:55 AM

You will fell better for a little while and then you will feel like shi-.Its kind of like drugs.You feel good for a little while and then you want more.Keep on doing NC, that includes no phone calls, no face book no nothing.I know its hard but you have to keep at it

Jul 10, 2009, 09:22 AM

Dare,
    I know I shouldn't have, I really thought he wasn't going to call after everything that I told him. I don't want to feel like sh**, today is a good day. I don't want to know a thing a about him anymore, I really don't. It's hard to stick to NC, but I know I can do it, I know that the least I know about him the better. Like KC said to me, "he is dead to You" , To the point, he's not part of my lfe anymore and I don't want him to be, maybe when I'm totally healed and that will take a while.

I just read your thread ! You did such an awesome jut by keeping NC after just a couple months from your break up, you are a champ! Was she just first love? I was with my ex just for almost 2 years and I didn't do NC till 5 months after the break up, what a dummy I was, I wish I had been as strong as you were. I think I would have dealt with it much better If I had vent through here instead of venting with him, but hey.. what's done is done, rite?
    hungtoronto Posts: 162, Reputation: 34

Aug 13, 2009, 10:35 AM
    Hello all,

I am glad you guys are doing well and stick to NC. I broke up with my ex a bit over a year now. Boy time fly. I recently found out she broke up with me for another guy which I had a feeling that was the cause at the time but wasn't sure. I guess this is closure for me. Six months after the breakup I found a new girlfriend whom I am still with currently.

Just hang in there, things will get better. Focus on your new life and get out there. Workout and hang out friends help a lot. One day all the why why why will be crystal clear.

Aug 24, 2009, 01:49 AM

Good to hear from you toronto.Hope everything is all right with you
    Arzy99 Posts: 67, Reputation: 17

Oct 7, 2009, 07:03 PM

Hi everyone, haven't been on for a while, was travelling during the summer - went to Africa, and I have gone back to university now, so my apologies for not being on here as much as I'd have liked. I would just like to share my experiences since its coming up to a year since my ex broke up with me and left me for someone else.

I have tried to improve myself in this year.. I can safely say that goal has been accomplished through hard work at the gym and travelling. My most recent trip to Africa was amazing.. I volunteered and taught African Children, the feeling of appreciation and love is overwhelming. You get a sense of what is important in life... and for me personally, giving back has what has helped in my recovery.

Recently I saw a picture of my ex.. I hadn't even seen her face or anything for 10 months... and she was looking real good. Sure it felt weird when I saw it.. but there was no real attachment any more, all I saw was a person who used to be in my life.. I smiled..

Life is just too short to dwell on some of the things we dwell on.. there is really so much out there to see and do in the world, important issues to deal with and SO MANY more people to see..
    Hang in there everyone... I'm so glad to be back in this forum - the place that helped me get over my heartbreak.
    To those of you who are suffering - The fight is worth it in the end.

Thank you everyone!
    kaneda Posts: 14, Reputation: 5

Dec 1, 2009, 04:58 AM

Its had been 4 months of full NC, and guess what - my Ex contacted me via a messenger, with some silly excuse. Naturally he got no response, but they always do that, don't they? Just when you're doing great, they try to sneak their way back in.

Feb 22, 2010, 04:54 PM

Wow, this thread is so quiet, I guess you are all doing well. How are you Northern Guy, Dare. I just got out of another relationship two months ago. I did the breakup. Let me tell you, it sux being a dumper too. Did the NC for two months now but still think about her. I guess thing will get better eventually.

Feb 22, 2010, 05:01 PM

Sup hung, I am doing all right man,about to get engaged..

Feb 23, 2010, 06:46 AM

Congratulation Dare, all the best to you. I hope u're not engage to the same girl lol.

Feb 26, 2010, 12:34 AM

LOL No.
    adro_is_hurting Posts: 53, Reputation: 12

Apr 15, 2010, 12:34 PM

Im on day 16 of NC. Read my thread to understand my situation. I still think I'm holding out false hope that she will come back after the "break." I feel that the NC cannot truly heal me until I accept the fact that she isn't coming back. Any suggestions to help me realize that its over for good?
    Mikelreal Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jul 11, 2010, 06:35 AM

First day of NC, itz extremely difficult.. but breaking it iz just stupidity. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The NC Calendar II [ 1501 Answers ]

** Admin Note: This thread started here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-member-discussions/nc-calendar-124229.html ** You should have got a drum set, the best way to release anger within music is banging on dose drums

The NC Calendar [ 1499 Answers ]

I just had this idea after reading Mik's post. How about if we use this thread to count the NC days, all of us? Each one would mention how long he/she's been maintaining the NC period and how he/she feels with time. Maybe in some way this can help us all (including me)? This is my first...

Calendar boys? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an obscure 80's or 90's movie about a swim team that has to make some money so they sell calendars?? It was a male calender that some friends put together and were selling at a school café ot something like that.

Outlook Calendar [ 2 Answers ]

How do you make a certain Calendar view(i.e Monthly) your default Calendar view? Every time I change it to monthly, it goes back to weekly when I click away and click back to calendar. Thanks in advance

View more questions Search