Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ombowstring Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2003, 07:24 PM
    URL addresses
    How does one find out the (numerical) URL or IP address of a particular website or e-mail address?

Thanks much,
    John Mackenzie
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

Feb 17, 2003, 08:50 AM
    URL addresses
    Just go to DOS Command Prompt.
    (to get to this go to Start - Run - type in CMD or command & then <ENTER>

Now type in ping cnn.com (or whatever domain you are trying to find the IP address of). Some web sites do not allow pinging, but you will get the IP address. For example:
    Pinging cnn.com [64.236.16.20] with 32 bytes of data

Corey
    ombowstring Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2003, 07:06 PM
    URL addresses
    Thanks, Corey.

May you receive a blessing from God for being helpful out of the kindness of your heart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Email addresses [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anyway to search for an email address for people you know?

Get IP Addresses [ 7 Answers ]

Is there anyway to get someone's IP address? I am having problems with two separate people and want to block them fro mentering my website. After learning how to get IP addresses. Then I need to learn how to use them to block the people from accessing my site. Help!

Mac and Ip addresses [ 9 Answers ]

Hi guys it would be great if some one can clear my doubt my question is first of all I would like to know something about mac addresses and can we have 2 mac addresses and 2 ip adresses for a single computer if its possible can you guys please tell me how to do it... thnx a lot:)

Investments - Web addresses? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I'm looking for a website that gives details on top savings returns on, lets say, deposit accounts. I'm located in Dublin, but most probably be moving to Minnesota (St Paul) next year, and wanted to look at banks providing good returns on deposits. Also, does anyone know what the rate of...

Seeing IP addresses [ 5 Answers ]

Man I would love to have the ability to see IPs in every post for just a week. That way we'd know who has several monikers and how they use them. That would settle a few pet theories I have.

View more questions Search