Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meecy12 Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Aug 31, 2008, 09:57 AM
    Teens fasting
    Does fasting really work? More so for teens?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2008, 10:38 AM
    Not really because you lose essential vitamins and nutrients that you really do need
    And 9 times out of 10 you gain it all back within a matter of months.

Eating healthy and exercise is the best way to lose.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2008, 10:41 AM
    Fasting only slows down your metabolism and thus later on, when you eat, the body will actually store more fat just in case you decide to fast again. Look at all the celebs and how they diet... most of them eat 5 - 6 small healthy meals throughout the day to actually speed up their metabolism.

Good diet and exercise... is key./
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 11:00 AM
    For a day it is great for a good prayer life, so pray for the will power to lose weight

There is no magic tricks, not quick fix. You want to first be sure you need to by checking with your doctor, but you get a proper diet and exercise properly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

40 Day juice fasting! [ 18 Answers ]

Hey Everyone, I am embarking on a 40 day juice fast for two reasons; to cure obsessive eating and weight loss. Research I have done indicates that following a juice fast can not only cause weight loss, but actually cure diseases and addictions! The problem is that I keep running into mental...

Healthy Fasting [ 4 Answers ]

I want to cleanse the toxins from my body, but I want to do it the healthy way. I don't want to do it the Stanley Burroughs way, either, of The Master Cleanse. I have heard about something called a "green food" supplement, but that's all that I even remotely know. I need to get all the...

Fasting [ 7 Answers ]

Has anybody here have any experience in Fasting? What is taught about Fasting. Thank you in advance. Joe

Fasting [ 4 Answers ]

Is fasting an important part of healthy living. Reports are showing that tests on animals where there food intake, calories cut in half. A Sparce diet Actually gave more energy, more health then somebody with full diet intake. What is your take on this?

Fasting [ 3 Answers ]

What significance does religion put on fasting? How important is it?

View more questions Search