Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evergreenst25 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2008, 08:21 AM
    7.3 Hard Starts
    I have a 2000 F-450 with the 7.3 diesel, and it seems to be taking too long to start (cranking too long before the engine fires). Other than that, it runs and pulls great, has good power and does everything as it should. The glow-plug light seems to be on for the "normal" amount of time, so I don't think the glow pugs are short-cycling as with a bad relay. Anyone have good ideas? Thanks!
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Aug 31, 2008, 09:54 AM
    Did you try testing your glow plugs to see if they are still good ? Also, have you emptied water seperator and checked your oil level?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2008, 01:05 PM
    Try using full-synthetic HDEO.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace existing hard drive with upgrade to larger hard drive? [ 6 Answers ]

How do you replace existing hard drive for a larger one and how to save info on existing device?

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

Car starts with out key [ 4 Answers ]

My 97 grandam is acting really funny... I have my key in my hand and I have the negative battery post unhooked and when I go to hook up my negative post my starter tries to start the car... I am really getting angry with it because I have no idea what to do I thought it might have been the starter...

Inducer motor starts running, but ignition never starts [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Payne Gas forced air furnace, and it's behavior has changed in the last couple of days, where it never gets past the Inducer motor cycle. When we turn on the thermostat (or even jumper across the "R" and "W" leads on the furnace controller) the inducer motor starts running and keeps...

Starts as soon as it's off... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My Rheem heating system starts then runs a full cycle and the shuts off. Only to start the process immediately. Is there something I can do to change this behavior? I have changed the filter and cleaned the unit itself. Thanks!

View more questions Search