Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    micah_hsbb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2008, 11:13 PM
    Average speed and average velocity
    Every morning you jog around 250 meter track four times in 30 minutes. What is your average speed and average velocity?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2008, 08:21 AM
    Average Speed = Total Distance / Total Time

For the velocity, I'm not yet familiar to that but I think that you have to give it in the same way as average speed, but specifying that the person running around the track is constantly changing direction, so velocity also changes.

Hope it helped!
    reuban77 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2011, 10:04 PM
    average speed= initial velocity+final velocity
    ------------------------------

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Average speed and velocity [ 1 Answers ]

Radio waves travel at a speed of light, approximately 186000 miles per second. How long does it take for a radio message to travel from earth to the moon and back?

Average speed [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everybody. I'm have some trouble with the speed= distance/time. I think It's because it minutes, seconds and fractionsof a second, rather than hours and minutes. 2.8km takes 78.73seconds(1.18.73 ) what is the average speed?

Average Speed [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find average speed?

Velocity and average force [ 1 Answers ]

A person jumps from the roof of a house 4.2 m high. When he strikes the ground below, he bends his knees so that his torso decelerates over an approximate distance of 0.70 m. The mass of his torso (excluding legs) is 42 kg. (a) Find his velocity just before his feet strike the ground. ____m/s...

Speed average [ 1 Answers ]

A bicyclist rides up a 10 mile hill at a constant speed of 10 MPH. He arrives at the top and heads down to the bottom at a constant speed of 30 MPH What is his average speed for the round trip?

View more questions Search