Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Aug 30, 2008, 04:16 PM
    You need to know what? You should only need a licensed electrician to install the lights and fans.

It would be real handy to know what type and style the customer wants installed.
    Washington1 Posts: 798, Reputation: 36

Aug 30, 2008, 07:09 PM
    If the exsiting structure doesn't currently have ceiling lights or fans, and there is no access from above (ex: attic space), then you may want to find a good drywaller. This should be all you need. Let the EC do an estimate, and ask him or her if you will need a drywaller.

Just my .02
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2008, 09:14 PM
    I'm not sure I understand the question.

Are you asking, if someone hires an electrical contractor to deal with lights and fans, what other types of contractors might they also need?

If so I agree with Washington.
    Washington1 Posts: 798, Reputation: 36

Sep 1, 2008, 09:02 AM
    Are you asking, if someone hires an electrical contractor to deal with lights and fans, what other types of contractors might they also need?
    This is how I read the question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One Switch, 4 light fixtures [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I've read all the posts, I think this one is a good one... I have one switch, and 4 lights. Every time I flip the switch, I trip the breaker. Here is my diagram: --b-----sw------+-------+-------+-------+ ---------------------------------------------Ground --w------------- - ------ -...

Where to find 3-position switch to control two light fixtures [ 4 Answers ]

In the bathroom of a recently-remodeled hotel room I found what looked like a standard light switch but it had three positions. The 'down' position turned on only a single light fixture in the bathroom. The 'up' switch turned on all lights in the bathroom. There was also a middle position which...

Changing out light fixtures on ceiling fans [ 2 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan with a wobbly light fixture. How do I change it out? Thanks, Jerry

Replacing landscape light fixtures.. [ 6 Answers ]

We have a landscape lighting (that goes the length of our walkway on both sides) that was installed when the house was built, and that was 14 years ago. The light fixtures are getting chipped and moldy and I want to replace it for a much up to date ones. Is it possible to change just the fixtures...

220v european wall light fixtures [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to use an exterior wall light fixture bought in the US for 110v light bulb, in Europe. I was told the existing wiring is rated to take 220v and the light bulb socket is rated for 250v. Can I use this fixture in europe or should I change the light socket and wires with what is used...

View more questions Search