Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    T-Bag Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

Aug 30, 2008, 02:42 PM
    I really hate school and I get depressed thinking about going every single day over.
    I really hate school and I get depressed thinking about going every single day over and over! Please help? :(?

I have awesome friends (from middle school) who I hang out with during the summer and some weekends. And no, there aren't any bullies at school. But I hate my school and I'm entering 10th grade, the people there suck and are snobs. And the academic stuff is really hard. I'd rather spend time with my family and friends. I go to the top school in my city and the top ranked public school in the United States and its impossible to switch because my parents want me there. So... any words of encouragement or any ideas at all will help. Thanks! :)
    joanne 1986 Posts: 165, Reputation: 7

Aug 30, 2008, 02:51 PM
    I'm sure your not the only one who feels like this about school! What don't you really like about it is the work really hard for you? Do you not have a lot of friends? If things are really that bad you should talk to your parents
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2008, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bag
    I really hate school and I get depressed thinking about going every single day over and over! Please help? :(?

I have awesome friends (from middle school) who I hang out with during the summer and some weekends. And no, there aren't any bullies at school. But I hate my school and I'm entering 10th grade, the people there suck and are snobs. And the academic stuff is really hard. I'd rather spend time with my family and friends. I go to the top school in my city and the top ranked public school in the United States and its impossible to switch because my parents want me there. So...any words of encouragement or any ideas at all will help. Thanks! :)

Hmm - confused. The three top ranked HS in the US in 2008 were in Tucson, Dallas and Riviera Beach and you're in NYC - ?

On another post you're in something like the 5th highest rated school - ?

I'd talk to a guidance counsellor and see exactly what the problem is -

If you didn't go to school, what would you be doing (and I appreciate it's not a possibility).

EDIT - In view of your other posts and issues, including your issue with "adultery," I think you need to talk to someone about your concerns and fears - perhaps a counsellor, perhaps a mental health advisor, someone. School is most definitely not your only problem/concern right now and I think all of your concerns are somehow tied together. I don't think a public board can help you.

Perhaps you are suffering from depression. I don't know but when all of your posts are put together the problem is not as simple as this thread would make it seem. I think you should talk to someone. Why be miserable if someone can help you?
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Sep 1, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Well, you're so lucky that you have some good friends to hang out with. That's encouraging! Imagine not having any friends... You have just a couple year left to go, no? How many years of high school is there in the U.S. It starts at grade 9-12? (Sorry I'm Canadian.. and it's different here). Just know that high school is not real life. It's just the place you "work". You get to leave it every day and go home to a place where you love. You get week ends off so you can be w/ your friends, the people who care about you and have your back. ;) You just work there. Also, just know that all the people who ARE having an awesome time, this may very well be the best time of their lives... Sad isn't it? You're just beginning your life's journey... and high school is not life. It's just a part of all the many "hats" you wear. It's just a segment. Know that you have more to your life that that dumb place you learn crap you mostly won't use in university... high school just prepares your brain for university. It deepens it's ability to absorb and work in a higher capacity. By the time you're in university you're ready/mature enough to absorb the stuff that really matters... your future! With a degree in hand, you'll be good to go! High school is just a place that ready's you for what's really important...
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Sep 9, 2008, 08:46 PM
    Constant thoughts and fears about safety of self and parents

Refusing to go to school

Frequent stomach aches and other physical complaints

Extreme worries about sleeping away from home

Overly clingy

Panic or tantrums at times of separation from parents

Feeling unsafe staying in a room by themselves

Clinging behavior

Displaying excessive worry and fear about parents or about harm to themselves

Shadowing the mother or father around the house

Difficulty going to sleep

Having nightmares

Exaggerated, unrealistic fears of animals, monster, burglars

Fear of being alone in the dark

Severe tantrums when forced to go to school
    Are you experiencing any of these symptoms?

And, do you feel obligated to fulfill the expectations of attending a top school? The stress may be your problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depressed single mom [ 4 Answers ]

I think there is a curse on all women including me from my mother's side of the family. I have been born in a Middle eastern country, I felt I never fit in that culture and the minute I got out of high school I married and left my country cause I could not live under an oppressive, Islamic regime...

Private school - I hate it! [ 16 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have recently started at a new school. My parents are paying fifteen thousand pounds a year for me to go and I hate it! I do not fit into the "I am a rich kid and I get everything I ask for" or the "Posh English kid" category and I feel that because of this everyone ignores me and...

I hate school [ 7 Answers ]

Well... I've started high school recently and to be honest I haven't made a very good start:confused: Ive had 2 head of year detentions an a lot of breaktime ones. I hate school and if I ask my mum to be homeschooled she might not take me seriously. I want to be homeschooled because 2 of my...

I hate to see him depressed. [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the thing. My Best friend has a girlfriend who always dissapoints him. I give him great advice all the time and he always has the same response... "I try to get over her but I just can't let her go". I feel bad for him though because she is always letting him down and she didn't even go...

I hate my school [ 2 Answers ]

Well I just recently moved and ihate my school. Everyone is so gangster and I have no friends. I have one and that's at lunch. At my old school I had so many and I wasn't popular but I was well liked and I was always invited places there. Feel so shy here and I'm not at all. My dad says it takes...

View more questions Search