Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trikefan62 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2006, 12:11 PM
    Carb tuning a 12hp Briggs (non-OHV)
    I am a new member who recently purchased a used Montgomery Wards riding mower (serial no.TMC 36937A/K219H). The mower had recently been painted- over red (poorly), so the ser. no. could be slightly off. I am experiencing difficulties in properly tuning the carb (i.e. the governor is kicking in @ high idle every few secs. Instead of when needed). I base-set all 3 adjustment screws @1&1/2 turns out after a rebuild. Could someone please help me w/ the proper tuning sequence before I have to buy a machete to chop-down the jungle my yard has become?:confused:
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2006, 08:44 PM
    1.5 is the baseline for the high and low fuel mixture screws. You have to adjust it (about 1/8th either way) till it runs smoothly and can be throttled up with little to no hesitation. Make sure its warm when you go to fine tune it. The airfilter does make a difference but will have to come off when you adjust the idle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs&Stratton Pulsa Jet Carb problems [ 9 Answers ]

I'm having trouble starting an older aerator with a B&S 3.5hp horizontal shaft engine with a Pulsa Jet carb. I've changed diaphragm, and carb-to-fuel tank gasket. It can be started and run on starter fluid, but doesn't seem to pump gas into carburetor. What else to look for?

19hp briggs new carb and stalls [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all new to the fourum I have a question I hope you all can help. I have a murray lawn tractor with a 19 hp briggs. I put a new carb on it and the tractor runs but stalls under a load like it is running out of fuel. When I inspected the carb the bowl was full of gas and clean. The mechanic I took...

Saisho TV tuning [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, can anyone tell me how to tune an old Saisho TV? I have lost the manual.:confused:

View more questions Search