Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skotty1234 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2008, 10:00 AM
    5.1 speaker installation
    recently, I brought logitech X 530 5.1 speakers and a SIIG soundwave 5.1 PCI sound card but for some reason when I put them together and install the softwave it come with the sound card. It didn't work. There is NO SOUND at all.
    Lostnotfound Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2008, 12:08 PM
    What operating system are you using? Assuming Win Xp, have you told it to use your new soundcard? Start>Control Panel>Sounds,speech... >Sounds... >Audio, then use the drop down menu where it says sound playback default device.

Aug 30, 2008, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostnotfound
    What operating system are you using? Assuming Win Xp, have you told it to use your new soundcard? Start>Control Panel>Sounds,speech...>Sounds...>Audio, then use the drop down menu where it says sound playback default device.

Thanks for helping I get it works but the back speaker still not works. Do you have any idea how to get it works ? By the way I use Windows xp pro. Thanks a lot man

Aug 30, 2008, 02:10 PM
    This sounds like something you must set using the software supplied with the sound card, and as I do not use or know this brand I unfortunately can't help you.
    The only thing which I can think of to suggest is: start>control panel>sounds, speech... >sounds>volume>advanced>speaker setup.

Aug 30, 2008, 04:00 PM
    This sounds like something you must set using the software supplied with the sound card, and as I do not use or know this brand I unfortunatly can't help you.
    The only thing which I can think of to suggest is: start>control panel>sounds, speech...>sounds>volume>advanced>speaker setup.

I already change to 5.1 surround sound but it still the same. Do I have to use the software that it come with the sound card ? It there any software for my speakers ?

Aug 30, 2008, 05:43 PM
    Speakers don't need software/drivers, they are controlled by the sound card which will probadly need the drivers supplied with the card (xp can handle some sound cards but even then probadly won't give all features).
    Are the speaker jacks in the correct holes? Front - Green
    Rear - Black
    Centre - Orange
    If they are then you should check that the driver is installed: Start>Right click on My Computer>Manage>Device Manager>Sound> Video and Game Controllers
    Should say CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device

Aug 31, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Speakers don't need software/drivers, they are controlled by the sound card which will probadly need the drivers supplied with the card (xp can handle some sound cards but even then probadly wont give all features).
    Are the speaker jacks in the correct holes? Front - Green
    Rear - Black
    Centre - Orange
    If they are then you should check that the driver is installed: Start>Right click on My Computer>Manage>Device Manager>Sound> Video and Game Controllers
    Should say CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device

Yes I see that driver install in my computer but still I couldn't get it work

Aug 31, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Have you checked it's not the speakers? Try swapping the plugs around.
    You have the correct driver, windows knows to put the ouput through the sound card as 5.1 surround, if whichever speakers are plugged into the "rear" socket are still silent then I would suspect the sound card is faulty.
    Short of cleaning the connectors and/or changing the slot used for the card (neither of which is partically likely to help) I can not think of anything else to try.
    Have you tried asking the makers? Look for a SIIG website, remember to give them all the info (motherboard, soundcard, driver, operating system, what you've tried)
    Failing that I can only wish you the best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Speaker cable [ 6 Answers ]

Can any aduio guru's recommend a speaker cable that can be ran through a wall, and ran outdoors? (Commercial building) Obviously I'm no audio tech! :D

I'm having speaker issues! [ 6 Answers ]

OK so, I was using headphones as speakers for my PC. I got new desktop speakers tonight, and hooked them up and everything. The only problem I'm having is that the speakers are VERY low! I've checked everything I could volume wise, and I even tried changing my default device for sound. I even...

Outdoor Speaker Suggestions [ 2 Answers ]

Any suggestions on outdoor speakers to mount on the walls of my porch. This will be new construction so I can run the wires now and not need wireless.

Low speaker sound output... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'm using Windows XP, and have got a problem (I seem to be having a lot of these lately). The sound output on my laptop has gone from really good (as usual) to extremely low, even with the speakers on maximum. (and unmuted) I'm not sure what the problem could be, as the laptop is...

Speaker Static [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I was wondering if any of you knew how get rid of speaker static that happens every time I play a PC game or a sound file --but it's not coming from the speakers themselves. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search