Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DEBBIE44 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2008, 06:13 AM
    My wedding
    I am getting married next year and my deceased fathers brother in-law is giving me away. My Fathers death even after two years is still very hard on myself, my sisters and my mother. What song can I play for the father(uncle) bride dance? I would like a song that could possible honor my dad.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2008, 06:56 AM
    YouTube - The Dance - Garth Brooks

I think this song will honor your father as well as anyone in your life. Listen closely.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2008, 11:43 AM
    There are lots of ways to personally honor your father. I know a groom who wore his deceased father's favorite tie for his wedding. Another couple gave as a wedding favor a homemade CD of her deceased father's favorite songs. Some people light candles during the ceremony. Others place special notes in the program.

I do like the song "The Dance". Other appropriate songs are "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" by Elton John and "Unforgettable" by Natalie & Nat King Cole.
    davina4822 Posts: 55, Reputation: 9

Sep 5, 2008, 07:59 AM
    First, make sure your uncle doesn't be made to feel unwanted or a poor substitute. Perhaps he can help you select an appropriate song. Another idea is to choose a piece of music that your father liked, or that you both have memories of, such as a favorite song or melody. It doesn't necessarily have to have lyrics. Perhaps your uncle could introduce the song before the dance.
    kildarebabe Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2008, 04:38 AM
    There is a song by luther vandross called dance with my father or something like that which is about a father dying or leaving and how a girl would love to dance with him just one more time... I love this song but it is very sad always makes me cry...

I'm not sure if it will suit but it won't hurt to listen to it..
    Davina said that your uncle may feel like a poor substitute but deep down he already knows that giving a choice you would have your dad there... so you should play whatever song makes you feel good and remember your dad will be with you on your special day
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 1, 2008, 02:02 PM

This was my first thought too! This would be the perfect song. Dance with my Father--Luther Vandross. It would probably be very emotional, but I'm sure your Dad will be there listening and smiling Debbie.

Luther died before he could sing this live, but his album was released just after he died. Maybe he can sing it to your Dad, while you are dancing to your first song.

I couldn't find Luthers Version on YouTube, but here is a decent version anyway.

YouTube - Luther Vandross Dance w/ My Father Live Performance

I hope you have a great first dance with whatever song you choose. I'm sure you're Dad will be joining in to celebrate with you.
    momof2isme Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Nov 16, 2008, 11:57 AM

Hello! I am a wedding consultant and one respectful way to honor your father would be to place a white rose on the chair he would sit in at the ceremony. Or to have a table set up with a picture of your dad and a lit candle. Congrat's on the wedding!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding Plans for court house wedding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi!my name is toya i'm about to get married next month. I only have low income. Of course we are having a court house wedding, but what else can help us out like where to get dress, where to get suite, where to get rings.as well what can we do after wards i plan to have something att my house.so i...

Court House Wedding or Back Yard Wedding? [ 18 Answers ]

We are on a limited budget as far as our wedding goes. We want to spend more money on the rings and honeymoon than the wedding. So, we want something intimate and special but small. So these were the two options that we were thinking: 1. A small ceremony in his parent's backyard. There...

My wedding [ 7 Answers ]

Having a hard time figuring out if I should have my 15 year old daughter attend my wedding to another women. Would like some feed back regarding this issue.

My wedding [ 2 Answers ]

Ok me and my boyfriend have been together for a while, and we live together and everything. Well about two months ago my boyfriend proposed and I said yes. His parents are happy for us and can't wait but I have not told mine yet and I don't know how. I am the only girl and a daddys girl I don't...

Wedding Attire for 5 P.M. Wedding [ 3 Answers ]

What is the appropriate attire for a middle-age women at a 5 pm wedding and a 6 p.m. reception?

View more questions Search