Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Apr 29, 2006, 05:20 PM
    Pelvic pain
    I was just wondering if maybe someone had an idea as to what I can use to help with some pelvic pain. It's like one of the babies is sitting so low that it's using my pelvic bone for support. It's on the left side and isn't cervical pains just bone. It's making it very hard to walk and get around. Thanks for your imput.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Apr 29, 2006, 08:19 PM
    :) Hi Myth,
    My doctor said I could take pain killers. Ibuprophen or acetamenaphin, either was acceptable. Massage, rest, hot water bottle, rest, change of position and... well... rest. That's about all I know. Take care. By the way, can I ask, when are you due? Just curious.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2006, 10:50 PM
    Mid pregnant. My wife sat on one of those big inflatable exercise/yoga balls. Obviously you'd need to be careful w balance and falling, but she actually found sitting on it helped a lot with weight distribution.

Late in the pregnant. When the relaxin started to wreck absolute havoc with the tendons in her hips we ended up buying a recliner. Some nights it was the only way she could sleep.

She also, prior to pregnancy, had found and been going to a D.O. who didn't have the common "shotgun" approach to body manipulation. Hed address the issues at hand, and a common one was her lower back and hips in pregnant.

And as mentioned, massage. Some people who specialize in pregnant women have special tables that can help, so I understand. A great source for help can be found with a phone call to a midwifery clinic. There's one in town here that had some great resources for my wife when she was looking for people to help her through the later stages.

There are also some pressure points in your feet... kind of in the middle at the arch, that can help some with pain in the pelvic region. You need someone to work with thumbs up from the heel with some pressure. Toward the inside of the foot... might feel some "bumps" or a "squishy" region... hard to describe... but it can be tender and send a shooting pain up your leg. Find this and work the region gently... it can help enough with pain management that you can get to sleep.

Pelvic tilts can get a baby to change position, but I cannot tell you enough about this myself. Wife used this to get the baby to turn out of back labor, but I've also read about manipulation of the child's position before labor as well.

I know this may not be exactly what you were looking for...
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Apr 30, 2006, 02:59 AM
    Thanks both of you. I would love to have a foot massage but my guy can't do it right.. lol. He just tickles. I'm not sure that the baby putting pressure on me can change position because of the second one. One is head down in the pelvis the other is horizontal across his rear... little like a T. I'm due sept 22nd but my dr won't let me go past 37 weeks. I can take tylonal but that's about it. As far as resting goes that's about all I can do right now.. I wish I could do more but I'm on bed rest as it is. I have an appointment for my 20week this Wednesday so I'll be able to ask him about it then. Again thanks for your feedback... I'll try to rate you both but I may have to "spread it" more. Well it worked for one of you... lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain after sex [ 3 Answers ]

I'm married, have no kids, and have been having sex now for two and a half years. Up until about 3 months ago, the sex was great, with no pain at all. Then, I would notice that after sex, the inside of my vagina would hurt. Also, the outer area of my vagina swells after sex. I can only have sex...

Pelvic pain [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having nagging pelvic pain throughout the month for about four months now, and been trying to conceive for three months now, how does it affect my fertility. Been to the doctor, says I have fibroids, they are not suppose to be painful so why this pains?

Pelvic exam [ 6 Answers ]

Bah, this sounds like a stupid concern, but I don't know, it bugs the hell out of me. My girlfriend is (most likely) about to go on birth control, which means she's going to be having her first pelvic exam. And from what little I know of it, it's a... stretch... in most cases, so I guess my worry...

Pain in right pelvic bone [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone! I new to this MB. I hope someone can help me. I am a 45 year old female and have been having this intermittent pain in my right pelvic bone. It's a dull pain and it gets more painful when I move my my body. It feels like a my bone is breaking in half. Does any one out there...

Pain in pelvic area [ 3 Answers ]

For a few weeks off and on I've been having dull pain in my left side in the pelvis area. Every time I moved I would experience pain. I just had a baby four months ago, and I had to get on birth control, so I'm using the patch (ortho evra). Every week I put on a new patch and since I've moved the...

View more questions Search