Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bartolome Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2008, 09:21 AM
    Father's right custody/child support
    I am the father of a 2 years old little girl. She is leaving with her mother in Florida, I am in New Jersey. We never been married. She left for Florida when she was pregnant. She has the physical custody. I pay child support -1500$ per month-, pay for the benfits of my daughter and her life insurrance. I am going to Florida to visit her as often as possible.
    Since we saw the lawyers when she was a baby and we agreed on child support and visitation, my situation changed. I am unemployed. The airfaire/hotel are getting extremely expensive for me. 2 questions. 1/ what are my rights in terms of visitation? I want to see my daughter as otfen as possible, she is still young though and leave far away. Can I have her coming to visit me often? How many times per year ? Most of my family here in New Jersey haven't seen her yet! 2/ since I lost my jobs and the costs of visitation for me are getting extremely high, I cannot afford the monthly payment anymore. Can it be reduced? Can we share the travel expenses?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2008, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartolome
    I am the father of a 2 years old little girl. she is leaving with her mother in florida, i am in new jersey. we never been married. she left for florida when she was pregnant. she has the physical custody. i pay child support -1500$ per month-, pay for the benfits of my daughter and her life insurrance. i am going to florida to visit her as often as possible.
    since we saw the lawyers when she was a baby and we agred on child support and visitation, my situation changed. i am unemployed. the airfaire/hotel are getting extremely expensive for me. 2 questions. 1/ what are my rights in terms of visitation? i wanna see my daughter as otfen as possible, she is still young though and leave far away. can i have her coming to visit me often? how many times per year ? most of my family here in new jersey havent seen her yet! 2/ since i lost my jobs and the costs of visitation for me are getting extremely high, i cannot afford the monthly payment anymore. can it be reduced? can we share the travel expenses?

The answer to all your questions comes in the form of a petition to amend the original Order based on changed circumstances.

The rights you have will be decided by the Court, the same way they handled this the first time around.

And, yes, with changed circumstances all of the previous agreements can be changed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father's rights for Child Support [ 2 Answers ]

My son's mother left me almost 6 years ago and I did not know where she was. I tried everything to get in contact with her or her family and had no luck. I had no contact with her or my son for almost 5 years. Since she left and did not let me know where she went or was will I have to pay back...

Child support/custody/father's rights [ 7 Answers ]

Ha... spoken like two women scorned by men who don't love them.

Custody VS Child Support [ 35 Answers ]

I would like some opinions on my situation and what I should do. The father of my daughter has never seen her, nor expressed any desire to do so. There was a paternity question but after the other person was excluded there was no doubt. He was informed and I offered every possible way to get...

Child support/custody [ 7 Answers ]

I have full custody of my daughter which is stipulated in my divorce and now she went to live with her dad at 18 because she did not like my house rules can he legally take me for child support? And can the courts have me pay back order from the time she left till present? We are in NYC.

View more questions Search