Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azdesertchick Posts: 92, Reputation: 17

Aug 28, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Strange behaviour
    Hey guys! I've been gone awhile but I'm back and armed with questions hehe. Okay so my Pomeranian puppy is now about 7 months old with a beautiful thick black coat. Being that we live in Arizona a week ago I shaved him as several Pom owners here do because he was so miserably hot. I especially shaved it very short around his bottom because.. well you all know why. Anyway ever since then he's a different dog, he's very paranoid of his rear like will run along your side but keep looking back lol like something is wrong. We can't tell if he's paranoid over his tail or what? My zu mildly acts differently a little more meek when shaved but this is getting ridiculous he darts everywhere acting paranoid! Has anyone else experienced something like this? :confused:
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 09:02 PM
    MMake sure he is not having anal gland problems, worms or fleas... they will act weird if any of those problems are present. Keep an eye out for scooting, biting or licking around the anal area.

Aug 28, 2008, 09:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    mMake sure he is not having anal gland problems, worms or fleas...they will act weird if any of those problems are present. Keep an eye out for scooting, biting or licking around the anal area.
    Thanks for the quick reply and yep I did look for signs of worms or fleas but haven't seen any. Although the anal glands appear to be fine maybe I should start giving him a few warm soaks a day in the bath. I don't know what do you think?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 09:12 PM
    If he is not scooting I would leave it alone... to much water may upset the balanc eo fhis skin.

But I would get a flea comb and run through his fur... I have a pom mix and I know how thick the coat can be for her... I'm sure your dogs hair is much thicker.

Also if his tail is puffy and you think he is notcing it trim it down a bit.
    It may just take him a week or so to be confrotable with the different way his skin feels I'm sure he is probably getting a breeze where he has never felt it before.

Aug 28, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Lol that was my first thought... a breeze where he's never felt it before! Thanks again! Oh and yep I'll try the flea comb. :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cat behaviour [ 1 Answers ]

I have a cat that is does not like to be touched... she is mean and will bite.. I need to examine her skin as she is scratching to the point of losing fur.. she won't let me put anything on her or pick her up to see if there is anything I can do.. neither can I get her in a cat carrier to take her...

Bad behaviour [ 1 Answers ]

Just lately my four year old son has started bitting punching spitting scratching other children at school now normally he is a very quite boy and shy we have spoke to the school they can't explain why he is doing this and the last week he started being like it at home and swearing calling me and...

My cats strange behaviour [ 2 Answers ]

My 4yr old cat sleeps on my bed at night. Recently she has started kneeding and licking me. We recently got a 12wk old puppy is this the reason for my cats strange behaviour.

Cat behaviour [ 1 Answers ]

I have a one year old spayed female calico cat. The cat has one terry cloth toy that she has been carrying upstairs to my bedroom, or depositing at my bedroom door quite frequently. Curious to know what type of behaviour this is. She doesn't bring it back down, however if I do, I usually...

Strange pet/people behaviour [ 15 Answers ]

:p I often find myself talking to my pets like they can really understand me. My Jack Russell keeps sticking his bottom in my German Shepherds face, falling asleep in plant pots and making strange grunting sounds when he sleeps. We used to have a pet crow who could talk (no lie)... only a few...

View more questions Search