Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VBNomad Posts: 65, Reputation: 7

Nov 6, 2006, 01:27 PM
    Check. Thanks for setting me straight.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 6, 2006, 03:50 PM
    As I understand your dislike for illegal drugs, I'm sure you know why people take drugs and the dollars that go into the enforcement of those laws and the inequity of that enforcement, as well as after all that money, laws, and enforcement, the drugs come here in record numbers and makes billions of dollars. This makes no sense to me and it would seem a whole lot of sense to change a system that doesn't work at all, so I bet you have a common sense solution besides building more prisons don't you?
    bhayne Posts: 339, Reputation: 4

Nov 9, 2006, 08:48 AM
    Perhaps we could start by burning those poppy fields in Afganistan? We could train and rehabilitate ex-drug users to search and destroy and give them a purpose, a goal and a paycheck.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Nov 9, 2006, 09:00 AM
    Just to add a little monkey wrench of fact into the mix here: in the United States, alcoholism racks up ten times bigger numbers in most of the measurable areas of damage (health, crime, accidents, etc.) when compared to all illegal drugs combined but because the drug problem is so much more feared than alcoholism, the "war on drugs" annually receives a disproportionate and considerably larger amount of money. Perception is more valid in politics than science, I am afraid.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 9, 2006, 11:31 AM
    Forget legalisation, How about decriminalisation?
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2006, 02:20 PM
    The problem with decriminalization is that anything that is illegal to possess is, as a practical matter, legal to steal. It's bad policy to have anything of value that can be stolen with impunity. The Alaska approach makes sense (for pot, at least): Legal to grow and possess, illegal to transport or sell.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2006, 07:11 AM
    Hello again:

For what it's worth, I thought I'd let you folks know that I'm a medical marijuana patient with a valid prescription.

I smoke a lot of very potent pot. However, if it makes you feel any better, I promise not to enjoy it.

excon
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2006, 07:13 AM
    Pass some this way ;)
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2006, 05:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello again:

For what it's worth, I thought I'd let you folks know that I'm a medical marijuana patient with a valid prescription.

I smoke a lot of very potent pot. However, if it makes you feel any better, I promise not to enjoy it.

excon
    That does seem to be the issue for a lot of people. Just recently there was something in the news about pot being protective against lung cancer and Alzheimers. The researchers were all concerned about whether they could isolate the "beneficial" compounds and separate them from the ones that cause "euphoria". I guess it's just completely unacceptable to have people feeling good about taking their medicine. Personally, I don't see what the problem is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drugs and Addiction [ 12 Answers ]

Hi there Are there any teens out there with a problem?? This is my field of expertise and I would gladly answer any questions in this regard. Come on teens DON'T THROW YOUR LIVES AWAY Lets clean up our act.

Drugs and entry in2 us [ 1 Answers ]

Me and b/f wish to travel from ireland to the u.s (florida) my b/f was taken to court as he was in possession of a small amount of hash. (1) can he get into the u.s in September? (2) will he ever be able to travel to the us? (3) how do they know about his criminal record by looking at a...

Drugs = Downhill [ 3 Answers ]

My man Had a bad experience and becomes obsessed with it and the people Concerning it. He says he loves me and I believe him Loving him as well. I have been There for him for about 2months now, Trying to work out and understand what's going on. But he isn't ready for a relationship and gets...

Calif. Mom uses drugs dad wants custody [ 2 Answers ]

My son and his ex were using drugs. He got cought and has been in a program for 18 months. All of the counseling he has had, has made him realize he does not want drugs in his life. His girlfriend told him she would stop using. Well she got pregnant. She wouldn't go to the doctor until she...

View more questions Search