Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thommyschnak Posts: 80, Reputation: 7

Aug 28, 2008, 04:25 PM
    This is correct assuming that we are talking about a residential service, and that you do indeed have a main breaker in that panel. By main breaker panel I mean that there is a circuit breaker in the panel that when shut off will disconnect power to all the circuits in that box. If this is true it is correct that all of the metal of this box(excluding current carrying conductors), should be bonded to this neutral and the ground wires.
    I hope this helps!
    Sincerely Tommy Schnak:cool:
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Aug 29, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Where is the question?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Aug 29, 2008, 08:14 AM
    Did someone delete the original question?? It looks that way. :mad:
    It is SO uncool when folks do that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ground/Neutral Bus in Main Service Panel - Is there a Difference? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm preparing to provide new wiring to a sizable addition to a log home. Prior to beginning the new work I mapped my existing circuits thinking it best to correct any potential overloads in the existing panel/circuit design before introducing any new problems on my own. Decided to make a few...

Wiring a combination meter and main disconnect. [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a Square D CQRA200 Meter/main disconnect combination and I expected to see the neutral isolated from the ground. Does the neutral and ground start from the same block?

Service Panel, Neutral and Ground bars tied? [ 2 Answers ]

In the service panel, both the Neutral bar and Ground bar tied together. Neutral wires tied to the Neutral bar, Ground wires tied to the ground bar in the service panel. Isn't the ground wire than becomes the same as the Neutral wire, or maybe taking part of the current load off from the Neutral...

Main breaker and main disconnect [ 2 Answers ]

What I have is a home built in 1960 moved in 2 years it had a meter hanging from the rear of house with no main, 240v 50amp circuit to stove, 240 30amp to dryer, 5 breakers for the rest of house 1 20amp and 4 15amp. What my plan is to replace the meter housing and put a g.e. 200amp Disconnect on...

Open ground when neutral not touching ground [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was moving around a room and noticed my wife wanted her desk elsewhere. I decided to, since she would have her computer on it, check the outlet she would be moving to. It seemed old so I changed it. I noticed before I changed it that with my GFCI tester, all sockets on this circuit were...

View more questions Search