Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobjunior Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 12:03 PM
    GE side by side refrigerator; frost-free freezer
    I have a GE side by side frost-free refrigerator and the freezer has ice on the back of the inside can you tell me what is wrong. Model number GSS201EMA CC.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2008, 12:46 PM
    The defrost timer switch needs replaced. Mine used to do this. I had to replace the switch twice before I got a "good" switch.
    redskinser Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Sep 2, 2008, 05:28 PM
    With it being a ge I would check the Glass heater in the freezer part behind main cover... do a ohm check on it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE side by side refrigerator; frost-free freezer freezes up causing fridge to warm [ 27 Answers ]

We have a GE frost-free side by side refrigerator with ice maker. It's 5 years old but for the past year+ we've been having problems with the freezer building up frost around the inside, and then the refrigerator doesn't get cold. I have to unplug everything, take the shelves out of the freezer...

Side by side refrigerator/freezer inadequate cooling [ 2 Answers ]

This GE side by side Profile series, about 12 years old, is cooling poorly. I used "ACME how to" web site to trouble shoot the problem. Got down to the timer switch which proved defective on testing. Replaced it. Thought the problem solved. Cooled better at first. Within a day or so the best...

Maytag Side-by-Side Freezer ice buildup on floor of freezer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a five year old Maytag side-by-side #MSD2754GR. I have had this problem for the last four years and have cleaned out the clogged drain plug each year myself. Seems that the ice buildup is coming somewhere else since water is not dripping down the back. Yes, it is humid and we are using...

Frost in back of sise by side freezer. [ 7 Answers ]

I just noticed that there is frost in the back of the freezer, in addition to what looks like frozen drops of water down the side odf the ice maker. The food boxes have frost built up ion them as well and I noticed the fudge bars are soft. Is it possible that the door was left ajar by one of the...

Kenmore Elite not cooling refrigerator side or side by side [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Model 53609202 side-by-side. The freezer is working fine, the air flow into the freezer is working, the fan is on. There is another fan in the bottom rear that is also on. There is nothing in the refrigerator to block the vents. There is a little frost on the rear panel...

View more questions Search