Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jahna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 10:13 AM
    New to Office Cleaning how to get contracts
    I recently took over a small office cleaning business from my uncle. He has some clients, machines and is insured. I manage porters and other grounds crew at a hospital and really have no knowledge in the office cleaning business.

My question is how do I get new contracts, and what are the best strategies in moving forward with this business. I'm literally at a stand still because my uncle was a hands on guy with little business knowledge, and his wife is no longer in the picture
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 10:21 AM
    Well, do you have an idea of how much and how fast you'd like to add clientele? You don't want to get too many jobs lines up and not have the workforce ready to handle it. So I'd get a sense of that first.

Then, assuming you're looking for slow-ish growth, I'd make up, or have made up (depending on your ability to make something fairly professional looking) some fliers telling about your business and asking for the chance to come by and quote to businesses a rate for cleaning their offices. Or if you have set rates put them right on there. Then follow up with the decision makers in the offices where you've taken fliers.

Unless you're equipped to handle it, be realistic about growth. MANY businesses fail because they grow too quickly and can't keep up with it. If you have a good, established business to begin with you're ahead of the game!

On a more long-term, permanent basis you can consider advertising in the yellow pages, newspaper. You might join, or ask to attend some local rotary meetings, or other organizations that cater to business executives or owners.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2008, 01:42 AM
    The first thing that you are going to need to do is learn how to clean on a professional basis and operate properly, the machines that your uncle used.

Do you have a plan as to how you are going to do that?

Once you have learned how to do those things, then I have some great strategies in how you might market that type of business.

Thanks!
    Maxmize Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2011, 06:25 PM
    Am starting up a cleaning business in two months from this date Dec. 21 so need help with my new business.
    edmund29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 08:22 PM
    I me and my son just start a cleaning buiness we will like to know how to get a office building or way to go to bid on office
    edmund29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 08:36 PM
    [QUOTE=edmund29;3161360 me and my son just start a cleaning buiness we will like to know how to get a office building or how to bid on getting a office building to clean

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to bid on commercial cleaning contracts [ 5 Answers ]

I have started a home based janitorial company. Do anyone know how to bid on commercial building cleaning jobs? I was informed that multiplying the total square foot of areas to be cleaned by cents per square foot is one way. Are there any other ways? ...

How do I get a office cleaning license [ 8 Answers ]

I want to start a cleaning business and would like to get info about getting licensed and bonded. Ive been all over the internet but there is never a direct answer. What site or who do I call for a license?:)

Cleaning contracts [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know how to get cleaning contracts for commercial contracts

Cleaning bid for dental office [ 2 Answers ]

I have been doing residential cleaning and charge by the hour. I now have the opportunity to bid on a cleaning job for a dental office. I have no idea how to charge! Help please

Getting cleaning contracts? [ 2 Answers ]

My dad started a cleaning company 20 years ago by going door to door and asking if they needed their windows cleaned. It took him a long time, but now he has a successful janitorial service based entirely on word of mouth advertising. I've worked for him since I was 15 and now I'm wanting to...

View more questions Search