Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 28, 2006, 11:42 AM
    Question for Muslims: Seven Virgins Each?
    I have been repeatedlly told that the faithfu musliml men are rewarded in paradise with seven virgins and that they are given the physical stamina to deal with this abundance. My question is are these virgins given to all faithful Muslim men or are their any special requirements?

Please, if you don't know don't answer by saying you don't know or by pointing out that I am getting no responses. Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 28, 2006, 12:20 PM
    The Muslim to reach heaven has to fulfill one of the pillars of their faith according to my understanding of the Quran ( I have read it several times in study) Just as in Christianity there are requirements according to denomination to reach heaven ( accept Christ, baptism,)

Islam is not merely one religon, there are various sects in it, each with slightly different teachings.
    -

Apr 28, 2006, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    The Muslim to reach heaven has to fulfill one of the pillars of thier faith according to my understanding of the Quran ( I have read it several times in study) Just as in Christianity there are requirements according to denomination to reach heaven ( accept Christ, baptism,)

Islam is not merley one religon, there are various sects in it, each with slightly different teachings.
    I am aware that there are different sects within Islam. One of them I guess, promises seven virgins to the faithful men. Do you know anything about this?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2006, 12:52 PM
    Is it possible you mean 72 virgins?
    The Straight Dope: Does the Koran really promise Islamic martyrs 72
    virgins?

Archive: Where Do 72 Virgins Come From?

More:islam + 72 virgins - Google Search
    -

Apr 28, 2006, 01:01 PM
    Thanks for the very informative links! Especially the part about how it's irrelevant to certain terrorist acts. : )
    Whats_Love_Gottodo_withit Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2007, 06:06 PM
    I think that`s some bulls**t...

You will get 7 virgins when you get to paradise... OH PLEASE, do you muslim men seriously believe in that?? Those words are male shovenistic and disrespectful towards women. Cause normal grown-up women have sex and are not worthless just because they`re not virgins anymore. How would you men feel if you`re labeled dirty and less worth after you`ve lost your virginity? What if the Qvoran said: "To all women, if you live by these rules, you will get 7 male virgins when you get to paradise"... Don`t think that men would`ve liked that...

Well, all I`m saying is don`t get disappointed if you get to heaven, and there are not 7 innocent virgins waiting to give it up to you.

I get pissed off because of this female suppression that goes on in Islam.

Hate me muslim men, I have right to say my opinion.
    red_cartoon Posts: 52, Reputation: 6

Nov 22, 2007, 08:10 AM
    I am a muslim and I do not believe in that at all. According to my teachings, heaven ( if I am righteous enough to get it ) will be exactly the way I want it to be. Apart from some hobby things I would ask for the company of my dear family in heaven.

@ Whats_Love_Gottodo_withit :
    No true gentleman ( whether muslim or not ) would like to accept such an offer. I would certainly not like it if my non-muslim friend sees me praying and says "oh, you are praying to get those virgins, I see".

As someone has already said, "in some sects..." . We don't believe in making sects in Islam. But some people have made sects out of Islam (it all started due to political causes, believe me) and put the entire population of muslims into great shame. So I would request you to not to refer everything to 'some sects' as following a sect is not acceptable in Islam.
    jesuslovesu Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2010, 11:07 AM
    Seven virgins? I think I am changing my religion. My religion has no such promises - not even one virgin. So, where do I sign up to seek these seven
    virgins :):)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2010, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuslovesu View Post
    Seven virgins? I think I am changing my religion. My religion has no such promises - not even one virgin. So, where do I sign up to seek these seven
    virgins :):)
    You can start by reading through this thread and clicking on the links.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

View more questions Search