Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2006, 09:24 AM
    Google Search Results Error
    I ran a search for "gerry mangar" to see if a quick answer popped up for this thread, and Google returned "about 134" results, NONE of which have that exact term.

It seems like starting within the past couple weeks my Google results have seemed odd.

Could be something I've just never noticed before... Anyone else seeing a difference at all?
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Apr 28, 2006, 11:19 AM
    Yea Rickj I have also seen that there has been a diffrence when using Google search!!
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2006, 11:35 AM
    Unless something's wrong that they're planning to fix, then this is nothing other than a huge step backwards for their accuracy.
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2006, 12:08 PM
    Now THIS is strange. How in the world can different people see different search results?? :
    Google search results sucking wind lately.
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2006, 01:04 PM
    The plot thickens. Apparently no one else is seeing what I'm seeing.

Anyone else here seeing what I'm seeing?: Here's what I see with this search:
    Attached Images

nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Apr 29, 2006, 11:16 AM
    Tip: Try removing quotes from your search to get more results.

Your search - "gerry mangar" - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:
    Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
    Try different keywords.
    Try more general keywords.

©2006 Google :confused:

-- I get nothing back on that Rickj what you type and get results from -- Are you using a Google account or just normal Google search? Would that make any diffrence?
    Uber Member

May 1, 2006, 03:13 AM
    I'm no longer looking for the info itself... satisfied that there are really no results.

Check out the picture of my results. My big question is why I show results when there are none.
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

May 1, 2006, 10:16 PM
    LOL, this is the result I got when I ran the search... This is some sort of fractyl thing, isn't it?

"gerry mangar" - Google Search
    Uber Member

May 3, 2006, 04:09 AM
    Well, who'da thunk. I contacted Google about this error and they actually responded... and within 24 hours to boot!:

Quote Originally Posted by google
    Re: [#55626243] Search results error.

Thank you for your note. We're aware of this problem, and our engineers are currently investigating. We hope to have this fixed soon. We appreciate your patience, and thanks for taking the time to write.

Regards,
    The Google Team
    Roel Zylstra Posts: 84, Reputation: 14
    Tech entrepreneur, perpetual student,lover of life

May 3, 2006, 09:36 AM
    Rickj,

Google has many data centers, each of which house servers that respond to queries from different parts of the globe. When they are propagating their data there is lag time, which causes different results to be shown to different people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Permanent Results [ 2 Answers ]

New to this site need a little help. I'm a black/west indian male looking for the right product for me. I know there are a lot of choices out there; many that are a waste of time and money. I'm looking for permanent results and I just need some more information before I buy anything. I was...

Google Desktop Search [ 3 Answers ]

Is anyone familiar with Google's Desktop Search program? I am using Microsoft's Desktop Search because I can limit it to indexing just my e-mail and the My Documents folder. I like Google's Desktop Search, but I don't want it to index all my hard drives. I can't see any way to limit it in...

View more questions Search