Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patt24k Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

Aug 28, 2008, 06:03 AM
    Starware on my computer at work
    I want to remove starware off my computer at work so that I can view whichever web page I choose. Although I know how to do it, I need to know if it would automatically remove it from every computer at work, or how does that work? I'm not a computer wiz. Will the tech guy here at work know about it?
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Aug 28, 2008, 07:28 AM
    Starware? Starware is a form of spyware and should NOT be on your PC??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 28, 2008, 07:33 AM
    If starware is spyware, then your tech guy should remove it. If its some software installed by your company to restrict access to certain WEB sites then you should not remove it. You are using your company's computers and Internet access and they have a right to control that usage. Removing those controls could result in termination of employment.
    patt24k Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

Aug 28, 2008, 09:04 AM
    Well anyway, I definitely have starware on here so is that a good or a bad thing?
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Aug 28, 2008, 09:28 AM
    Well, can you take a screen shot? Is it a webbrowser toolbar? What does it look like?

If it's a browser bar, you should remove it: Adware.Starware - Symantec.com
    Or, tell your tech guy to take it out...
    But, it doesn't restrict access to sites. That is usually NOT done on the local PC, but done by the servers... I'm doubting you could remove it anyway.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 28, 2008, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by patt24k
    Well anyways, I definately have starware on here so is that a good or a bad thing?
    I'm not sure without knowing exactly what it is. Posting a screen shot might help or you can ask your tech guys.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer speakers don't work even when not hooked to a computer! [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older set of Boston Acoustics speakers. There are two speakers and a sub. The power goes into the sub and there is a control out that goes to one speaker and then from that speaker to the other one. On the back of the sub there is a power in, control out, digital in, and analog in, if...

Computer won't work [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I got windows xp media centre Version 2002 Service pack 2 My computer takes long to start up It will only show my wallpapper and no icons Sometimes it shows wallpapper and icons Once I start it it comes with

Computer joystick won't work with games. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Dell XPS 400 computer (2005) and recently purchased a Logitech Attack 3 joystick. I plugged it in and my computer recognizes the new hardware and successfully Installed. I did the calibration test and it works. I installed different flight games and The mouse/keyboard functions work......

Computer doesnot work at all [ 2 Answers ]

Last night I shut down my computer properly, there was no power fluctuation/failure (there were no problem shutting down). And the next morning when I try to start my computer, it does not start. The SMPS fan and CPU fan are working fine. I have tested my CPU and RAM too on a friend's computer and...

Personal computer as sole computer at work [ 1 Answers ]

I work for a non-profit which has a very low (almost non-existant) budget. When I started work, I agreed to use my personal laptop, which I had purchased about 2 years prior, as my work computer because they could not afford to provide the equipment I needed to do my job (marketing, PR, web...

View more questions Search