Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wompy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 05:49 AM
    I am a male and have 32inch u.k waist - what USA size waist is this?
    Apperently if a man is a 32inch size in u.k JEANS then he is a 34size in american JEAN size. I want to buy some jeans online from an american site but I'm unsure. Because I think 32inch waist will be too tight (even though a 32inch waist fits me fine here in the u.k) so I don't know whether to order a waist size bigger and go for 34inch. I wasn't aware of this until someone informed me. I could believe that american jean sizes would be a smaller size than u.k even though it states the same inches (considering they're obviously all much larger than us british... but apperently this is true because there are also super skinny people in america for every number of overweight person... strange I know)... please help with the jean size issue!! Must stress that I'm referring to MALE JEANS
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Aug 28, 2008, 07:33 AM
    unfortunately, it also depends on the manufacturer. I typically where 30x32 jeans.. BUT. Some companies, a 30" waist is HUGE on me.. others too tight. I would order the same size as u are, but be prepared to have to return them for a different size.

it's a craps shoot.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 07:35 AM
    While there are some slight differences by brand, but if you are truly measuring with "inches" then 32 should be 32, shouldn't it?
    wompy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2008, 02:48 AM
    Cheers guys... I agree with you both... some brands are much bigger sized waists than others despite stating the same inches... and progunr you would think that a waist would be 32inches if it states 32 inches but I don't know why it doesn't work like that... I too have jeans like static where a waist 30 is fine on me and a waist 30 by another brand is way too tight so I need a 32inch... I don't understand how that works unfortunately... :S... a mystery..! 1
    the925s Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2009, 10:48 AM
    I find that diesel jeans are a lot bigger than any other jeans, I am normally a 36 waiste but my diesel look more like a 38, why can't all jeans just be the size they are meant to be

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Left waist pain. [ 17 Answers ]

I am 26 year old man, I have been recently getting pains in my waist area periodically throughout the day for about the past 6mo. The ache is mostly on the left side.. the organs in the area are colon and kidneys -yet I don't have any abnormal stool or urine deposits... At first I thought I...

Waist pain [ 1 Answers ]

What could be the cause of pain just above my right waist+

Itch around my waist [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can anyone help. I have had an itch around my waist for a couple of months.

My flabby waist [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Hi Im 19 years old and I’ve had this really flabby waist since I was around 11 years and it hasn’t reduced. I’m really worried and don’t know what to do. I’m not exactly fat around any other part of my body- it’s just my belly which is quite flabby and I feel really embarrassed and what...

View more questions Search