Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Li Xue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 04:46 AM
    Biology Investigatory Projects
    Hey,

Can anyone help me? My group needs to have at least one investigatory project.. and we're out of ideas!! Can someone recommend ideas.. thanks! :)
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Hi LI Xue,
    This is more psychological, but I think it has roots in the biology of the brain. You could try to figure out why people are convinced that they see specific numbers on clocks and other places and that those numbers are unusual or have significance. For example, some people think they see 333 or 111 everywhere they go and this means ghosts. What are the probabilities of seeing these different numbers compared to any other set of digits generated by a clock each 24 hours? Are there any reasons people would be more likely to see 333 than any other number? (I'm thinking like that kids and teachers get out of school at 3 or 3:30 and maybe they all look at the clock around that time and are more likely to notice a 3:33. When people wake up in the night, are they more susceptible to being struck by "patterns" like 111, 222, 333, 444, or 911?

What makes humans notice patterns and disregard unpatterned information. And so on.

You could test people by suggesting that they notice certain numbers then expose them to a random series of sets of digits and see what they report "seeing."
    xyzzzzzzzzzz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 09:26 AM
    If you people can dissect any animal, then you can preserve every body part of that animal n give the description about it...
    xyzzzzzzzzzz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 09:27 AM
    I want some new ideas for investigatory projects for class 12... will someone help...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Useful Biology Investigatory projects? [ 6 Answers ]

Do any of you have ideas of any good investigatory projects? The topic is biology. Hoping for replies and thank you!:D

How to get the online projects [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know the name of the web-sites and the companies who are dealing in the outsource business and online projects related to the web-designing and development, cd presentation and authoring, graphics designing , 2d and 3d animation, software developing and data entry

Bioinfomatics Projects [ 1 Answers ]

Give me information about the projects in bioinformatics

IT Projects [ 1 Answers ]

Hi we are a group of engineers and want to start our own business in IT sector, hence we are searching projects in c ,c++,java, net etc... Can any body help in this to find a source where we can find the project.. Any website from where we can satrt the process Thanks in advance Email...

View more questions Search