Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    preraphaelite Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 01:20 AM
    Desperate to learn about print
    I purchased a print in a gorgeous antique frame at an antique store. I have other prints, Lady of Shallot, Faires, etc. I love pre-raphaelite art. Anyway, it is of one main lady in a canoe with a lantern surrounded by nine other ladies and a swan in shallow water at night with the moonlight peeking through trees in the background. I love it and want to know the name of the painting and the artist. Pleae help. Thank you.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2008, 01:46 AM
    Hi, preraphaelite!

I'm sorry, but I did need to remove your email address from your post in order to protect your privacy. I would hate to see you get spammed because there are people that troll the Internet looking for exposed email addresses so that they can spam that person with whatever. Thank you for your understanding about that.

Please also know, that this is a site where we try to keep answers right on the threads (pages) so that others who have similar questions might also benefit by the answers that are given.

In terms of your question, we will do the best that we can to answer it. We don't guarantee results here, but we do try!

I will help you with answering your question as soon as I can. It's very late for me where I am. If I am not able to find an answer, then there are some others here who are also very interested in art who will most likely come along to try too!

I do have one question for you concerning your print to start here. Have you looked under any portions of the frame for any names, marks, letters or numbers that might be helpful in the identification of it?

Thanks!

Aug 28, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Thank you for responding. I have looked everywhere and can find nothing. Thank you for helping me

Aug 29, 2008, 02:51 AM
    This is preraphaelite. I found out the artist is Hans Zatzka. I have been online for hours and only found one pic of the painting and it was a weird site and had no name of the painting, tons of others though. I really want to know. Thank you!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2008, 04:57 AM
    I saw a list of paintings one was titled, The Enchanted Boat Ride but it would not allow it to be viewed.
    Here's the site I found the name on The enchanted Boat Ride - Hans ZATZKA, Painting, auction records by artprice.com
    merlin2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 03:42 AM
    Hello preraphaelite, in a german book :"bilder furjedermann" by christa pieske the name of your print is "elfenspiel" zatzka 1926.
    I love zatzka's art and I have this litho in my bedroom.
    "enchanted boat ride" it's an another beautiful painting with only 2 nymphs and cupids.
    Please excuse my very bad english.
    merlin2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 06:38 AM
    I forgot to tell, you can see your print and his name here :

Vorträge, Seminare und Führungen von Katrin Simona Knopp

Is it this one ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Print wireless without a print server [ 4 Answers ]

Print wireless without a print server how? My name is bob I have desktop running win xp home ed with a printer. I would like to print to my laptop (wireless) how do I print wireless without buying a print server?:(

Desperate to learn how to do factorisation [ 2 Answers ]

Does anybody no how to do this and could give me an exaple I no its going to be in my test and I need help fast ?

What can I learn? [ 3 Answers ]

Am feeling so sad because of what I did--once my parents scolded me very badly so to hurt them back I started pretending that I have gone mad,I started dancing and talking to myself.They thought that I have gone mad in real and they took me to a doctor. Later I told them the truth that I was just...

How to learn [ 7 Answers ]

I would say education is being valued today... however it's becoming one-sided. Most teachers and educators value the abstract subjects such as math and science and some would go as far as to say that the arts are counter-productive and unessential. Basically, math and science appeals to the left...

How will my dog learn to tell me she has to go out? [ 4 Answers ]

We have a 3 month old female westie. We've had her for about 3 weeks. For 2 of those weeks, she has been on an antibiotic for a UTI. During that time, she has had numerous accidents in the house-understandably so-due to the nature of her illness. In the one good week we have had so far, she has...

View more questions Search