Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plzhelpme123 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 07:17 PM
    5 weeks to go and still small.
    I'm pregnant and only got 5 weeks to go everyone tells me that I only look 5 months pregnant is this normal.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2008, 07:19 PM
    I was small with my first. IF you gained enough weight then how big you are shouldn't matter too much.

Aug 27, 2008, 07:21 PM
    I've only gained like 5 pounds through out this. It is my first. People say I'm carrying it in my back.
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2008, 07:34 PM
    That really sounds way too low of a weight gain. What does your dr say? Did they do a ultrasound? How is the heartbeat? Do you feel the baby moving?

My first I only gained close to 20 lbs and my daughter weighed 5 lbs.
    I only went from a size 28 to a size 32 pants.

Aug 27, 2008, 07:37 PM
    Well I went for an ultra sound and found out I'm having a little boy. Doctor said he was the right size then and heart beat was good. Going tomorrow to my doctor. And baby moves lots and lots. Moving right now.
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2008, 07:40 PM
    Sounds like you are doing good. Are you taking pre natal vitamins consistently and eating good?

Aug 27, 2008, 07:41 PM
    Oh you eveyday and eating lots
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Aug 27, 2008, 11:24 PM
    Some people don't hardly gain a pound during pregnancy... I only gained 18 with my last pregnancy and it was with twins... So I wouldn't worry too much if your dr isn't worried about it.
    joanne 1986 Posts: 165, Reputation: 7

Aug 29, 2008, 06:04 AM
    I wouldn't worry too much as long as everything is well with the baby's weight etc.. You'll probably find that the last 2 weeks you'll swell like a balloon,that's what happened to me I was tiny for ages then the last 2/3 weeks I was huge.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2008, 05:12 PM
    Every woman and every pregnancy is different. Some women gains lots of weight and have to watch their diets,and some hardly gain any. It also depends on your body type and what your weight was like before you got pregnant. Also how you are carrying your baby. Everyone talks about how I am so small and I carry all in front. Well, I also have a tilted uterus, so I carry inside more then I do on the outside, and I do carry my babies out like a basketball. It just depends on you. And since this is your first, you likely won't gain and carry as much as you will in later pregnancies. If you are taking your prenatals having regular checkups, and your doctor is not concerned at all and baby is doing well, then try not to stress over it. Only 5 weeks to go, and it sounds like you won't have to work so hard to gain your pre-pregnancy shape back. (though you do tend to gain more in your last tri then in the rest of your pregnancy)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 29, 2008, 06:12 PM
    Are you tall? With some women this has to do with the amount of room between the symphisis pubis (pubic bone) and the rib cage. Usually taller women with a low waist can carry well without getting very big as there is more room for the baby to "stretch," therefore growing outward is not necessary for the baby's growth.

However, I find the weight gain unusual. Baby is going to weigh at LEAST 4 pounds, then you have the extra weight of the amniotic fluid and the placenta, which should weigh at least a total of 7 pounds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby is 4`1/2 weeks in growth and I thought I was 6 weeks [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new wife of 6 months with an amazing husband... we recently in August had a miscarriage and now became pregnant again... here's the thing... My last period was on dec 22nd and I am NOT regular.. between 32-39 day cycles... I had an ultra sound today and it said my baby was only about...

11 weeks pregnant fetus only 6 weeks? [ 8 Answers ]

I thought I was 11 weeks pregnant, had some very light spotting and Dr. did ultrasound and said fetus was only 6 weeks?? I am almost positive there was no possibility of conception on the new date so they believe the fetus stopped growing at 6 weeks and I had a missed miscarriage. I am waiting...

26 weeks, 3 weeks behind in growth, dr's concerned. [ 7 Answers ]

My baby is now 26 weeks, but measures 23, the Dr.'s are very concerned and have brought up the possibility of having a skeletal disorder(dwarf) because she is behind on growth, we did an amnio and also blood tests which all came back fine. They have also not found any other abnormalities. Is this...

10 weeks [ 3 Answers ]

My last period was on June 16 and now I have missed two periods... In July I spotted about three days and there was no blood just link pinkish and brownish stuff no cramps very strange... I assumed that it was implantation bleeding and then after missing two periods I thought for sure that I'm...

View more questions Search