Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    armylove Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 05:55 PM
    He is leaving to Korea! WHY?
    Well it's been a few days since I've been on here.. I just got a text from my ex fiancé that I need to try and move on cause he is leaving to Korea for two years in October. He also said that he still doesn't want a realstionship cause he still has to focus and needs his space and that when everything settles down then he will call me. He said that he is not coming home and that his family is meeting him in Virginia Beach before he leaves.. So now I guess this really means good bye for good I miss him truly and this is really hurting me I've already lost like ten pounds and hey that's a good thing cause I gained weight when I was living with him, so but the bad thing is when am I ever going to meet the one that is not going to break my heart? I'm tierd of being alone and not trusting anyone that comes my way. I feel like I pushed him away cause of not trusting him or am I looking for xcuses for him? I still can't believe that I opened up to him as much as I did I fell in love again and again got hurt lets see how long this one takes to heal.

Is he going to even think about us while he is there?
    Is he going to miss me?
    Will he even think twice or regreat what he has done to me?
    Will he call while he is there?
    Will he want to see me if he were to come home anytime soon?
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Aug 27, 2008, 06:12 PM
    For a start you have to start thinking about you not him

He broke your heart
    He's leaving
    He wants to ring you when every thing's settled down [he must be having a laugh,he's some cheek]

I think we always look for excuses for ex's and their behaviour.
    You need to stop that and get on with your life that's what he's doing

Stop looking for some one to spend the rest of your life with [just for awhile] and concentrate on you,do the things you want to do,take your time to heal
    Join the gym,get a hobbie just to take your mind off things

And do me a favour don't sit waiting by the phone for him to tex or ring it'll only make you feel worse when he doesn't

Aug 27, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Well was not looking for this relationship at all been single for seven years and this just kind of happened. He wanted to get married when he comes home from the army but now he has second guess's well I was hurt really bad in the past and gave up on love then he came along and look what happened? I can't believe that I let this happen but I understand that life goes on; but how do I trust another with feeling like he is going to wind up hurting me just like the other tow in the past? I love him dearly and want to know is he ever or will he ever come back to marry us? I love him that much to let him go but they say if it was true then he will guess I just answerd my own? Ha Ha
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 27, 2008, 06:38 PM
    Hi dear.

I guess I don't quite get your title question. Are you asking why he's going to Korea, or why he is letting you know he needs his space?

I also assume from your avatar that you are a bit familiar with the military side of life. So, maybe your main issues are the five questions you listed at the end of your post.

1. Of course he's going to think about you, but his military duty is going to keep him busy too.
    2. Maybe he will miss you - that depends totally on him and you have no control over it.
    3. What exactly has he done to you? You wrote 'ex fiance' well that means he broke it off - but you did not state why and how long you had been together or engaged - or what happened to cause this break - unless you wrote it in another thread, which makes it difficult to keep up jumping from one thread to another - the same issue should always be kept together so that we see the whole picture.
    4. The only one who can answer if he will call you is not on this forum right now, and you should be asking him.
    5. Again, only he can answer this one. He just might need some time to collect his feelings and make a decision whether he does want to see you again. This depends on the circumstances of your relationship and that is something that you will eventually find out when the time comes. But, again, he's the only one that has control over this, so leave him be for a while and don't pressure him. He needs time to settle and adjust to his new duty station and will probably be busy receiving orders and instructions while inprocessing.

Being familiar with the military, you know that they will always have to be in a state of 'readiness' in case something crazy happens in the world and they get deployed somewhere else. So, nobody can guarantee that his tour of duty will be easy for him or not. Just give him some time to adjust and cope with his current situation and try not to be a main stress-factor right now.

No soldier's life gives them a chance to plan a certain future right now, and some might think it's easier to cope alone without having to break a promise to another person in their lives. Maybe he just does not want to burden you with an uncertain life and might not want you to press for answers or promises that he might not be able to keep, so give him a breather and when he's more relaxed and has a chance to plan a few certain things, he just might include you in these plans again.

As for you being able to find someone you can count on and trust, and open up to, - again, if they are in the military, there are no guarantees there at all unless you learn to accept that, you will probably not find what you are looking for in that area. Not even police, firemen, pilots or security guards in the world today have a certain and guaranteed future. But, they never have a boring moment, that's for sure.

You might want to look in an area of less daily dangerous excitement, such as doctor, mechanic, nursing, farming,etc. But that is all up to you.

No matter what your choice, I wish you all the best of luck and hope that you get the opportunity to share a good life with that someone special.

Keep in touch. Check out learning how to throw a bowling ball, play tennis, or jog through the park - maybe you'll find some new friends there.

Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 27, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Your entire post is about "him" not you. He is gone, he said goodbye and he is moving on with his life.

It is time for you to accept the fact he is gone and start living life for you,

Aug 27, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Well thank you for you response makes lots of sense.. Well we have been together going on a year. He just got out of boot camp and now is in AIT training in Maryland. We use to write and talk on the phone a lot more when he was in BT but for some reason he says he can't talk on the phone but then again he can text me... I feel like he was hiding something that he didn't want me to hear or he was in a place that he knows I would get mad.. Ether way the texting stop and then the pic mail stopped and then he started to tell me that I need to stop texting cause it's driving him crazy>> I only text when got up to say good morning and in the evening to say good night I love you how could that drive someone crazy? I feel deep inside that he is seeing someone else or maybe like he said that he needs his space to focus on him and school but how can someone be so mean and cruel so fast and seem like he has no heart at all. He use to be so loving and caring he always loved to receive my text he said that it would make his day and that he would get upset if I din't let him know how my day went at work. But now he has changed and I feel like he fell out of love or do you think he just found someone else?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 27, 2008, 07:13 PM
    After all the training in Boot Camp, sometimes for days without a change of clothes, out in the woods, and no rest and nothing decent to eat... also being yelled at by the training crew - honey all he thinks about is getting clean and having maybe a few hours to sleep. Military training is hard 'survival training' and they teach you how to be killers - literally - and believe me, there is no time at all to even think about 'seeing someone else'. Get real - these people are being taught how to survive in a combat environment and going to a bar, having a candlelight dinner, or even a flirty chat is the LAST thing on a soldier's mind. And when out in the field in rain, mud, and trying to rest when allowed, I would not want any dumb good morning or night-night texts either. So, get real and face some truth about what soldiers go through.

If you cannot handle this, like I said before, find someone that is not going to be in danger 24 hours a day trying to save his own life and maybe the life of the person next to him.

So, get off the 'poor me' and 'pitty pot' and respect that he's out there training to serve his country and the freedom of people like you and me. Respect this, and get on with your life. Go out and volunteer in some Vet Hospital and see some soldiers who lived through this touch life and made it back - no matter what shape they are in - they deserve some respect and help, not complaining.

Sorry to sound so harsh, but life is not just a bed of roses - watch the news and face some reality for a change - there are real guns and real enemies out there and not just a TV series where the actors go to the cantine after they get shot with fake bullets.

Again, find something to do to keep you busy and independent and stop your whining - maybe then you'll find someone who will be more than happy to spend more time with you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 27, 2008, 07:48 PM
    I can feel your heartbreak, and know first hand it really sucks. I can tell you though, that regrouping and rebuilding can make you happy, and get through this hard time as healing will happen. It will take time, but you can do this.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 06:51 AM
    I can tell you that in order to move on and be able to completely give yourself to someone else, you must be over your past. Don't worry about if he's going miss you, regret not being with you, or will he come back, or if he's thinking about you. It sounds like he have move on and whether he has someone, you need to do the same. Life goes on and instead of being stuck on someone you need to go out and explore. Change your thought process and focus on yourself. What is done is done and can't be undone. You live and your learn.
    Guidostern Posts: 247, Reputation: 17

Aug 28, 2008, 07:07 AM
    I can tell you that I basically broke up with my girl during my last tour. I didn't want her to lose me like that, plus I had WAY TOO MUCH on my plate at the time. With him going to Korea, that's normal for anyone in the Army... just give him some time... if it is meant to be, he'll come back... don't spend your time waiting on him though. Go out and live for you. I know it's hard being single sometimes, but there can actually be a lot of good come out of this experience for you. Keep your head up and your shoulders back. The world likes it when you stand tall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PA position-Need excuse for leaving job- Job started in June 08-leaving for Europe in [ 2 Answers ]

Leave my job as PA probably returning to job after I come back from my trip to Greece. After graduation I was looking for a job. After two months my best friend she found for me a job as a Personal Assistant. My boss ( an writer who works at home) during the interview told me that he was...

Korea- laws [ 1 Answers ]

I am preparing to study abroad and I know laws are different everywhere you go. Does anyone know which drugs are illegal in korea and what the drinking age is? 1) the Narcotics Act for Regulating raw opium and opium poppy, cocaine, and Heroin; 2) the Cannabis Control Act for regulating...

Whack from korea [ 4 Answers ]

There was this little guy sitting in a bar, drinking, minding his own business when all of a sudden this great big guy comes in and --WHACK! -- knocks him clean off the bar stool and onto the floor. The big guy says, "That was a karate chop from Korea." The little guy thinks "GEEZ," but he gets...

Can I get married here in the us to him while he's in korea for the army? [ 5 Answers ]

He asked me to marry him before he left but I never gave him an answer and now that he's gone I decided I want to marry him. He's over in korea and I am in the us. Is there any way we can get married with him there and me here?

Need tips for a trip to Korea [ 3 Answers ]

Ok me and my friends are obviously planning a trip to Korea for next year and I wanted to know if anyone can give me tips. Like a good place to buy tickets and stuff.

View more questions Search