Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Camborio Posts: 75, Reputation: 4

Sep 9, 2008, 10:39 AM
    Thank you that helps a lot. We started dating in March of 2007, and living together in November/December of 2007. What sort of proof do they need? I moved in to his place, and then in April I bought a condo and we moved there.

Here is the tricky part, in December we are going to Mexico and he is going to stay down there, obviously because he can't get back into the US.

Can I apply for the permanent resident card after our trip in December, or will that mess up the common law and I need to do it before we go to Mexico in December.

I was thinking that I could apply for permanent resident and he could apply for his work permit.

I keep on thinking I have time to figure it out, but December seems so far away even when I know it isn't.
    olgah4brown Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2011, 01:45 PM
    Can I register a church while I am in Canada on a visitor visa?
    Your help in appreciated.
    Brown
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

May 26, 2011, 06:35 AM

Hi Brown,

You are posting in a rather old thread which belongs to someone else. Next time, you may wish to post your question under your own handle so that it receives more views.

I mention next time 'cause I'm going to answer this question quite correctly so that you will require no further answers:)

So long as your registering with a church does not entail any work related activities (activities that would result in you being paid) than you may register with the church.

If I may ask, what purpose would registering with a church serve if you are here on a temporary resident visa? Could you not just attend service at the church? I ask because there may be things to consider long term, depending on your future plans in Canada.
    Taps1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2013, 03:55 AM
    Hi there. I realised you made this post quite long ago, so I was wondering if you managed to move and what procedures u had to go through to get there. Im currently in Dubai, but of Zimbabwean nationality. Any info would have great help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Work permit [ 2 Answers ]

My husband in uk now he havwing work permit visa .his company sponsor accommodation And others fees related to house can I apply for dependent visa , I have one daughter. She is now 4years 8 months old. Can I get the visa. Husband visa validity up to 2012.

Work permit to enter canada from united states [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a truck driver, but I can't enter canada because I have a felony, however, I have learned that I can obtain a minister permit to enter canada to allow me to work, how do I go about obtaining such a permit Kindly yours, ...

Visiting Canada [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Am a new member of this website. I would like to ask question regarding obtaining visa to Canada. I am a new immigrant to the US, I will have my gren card in the coming next months. My question is Can I visit Canada without the need to obtain Visa ? Could you please advise? Regards...

Work permit [ 1 Answers ]

I'm augandan lad with an exceptional ability in football, but I,want to know the soccer credentials an african must have to join any European football team?

Visiting Canada [ 1 Answers ]

When visiting Canada from the states do you need a passport now?

View more questions Search