Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Apr 27, 2006, 07:12 PM
    Media Streaming on Mac G3
    Hello,

I would like to stream video media on this Mac G3 that is running Mac OS 9.2. The computer has video inputs, etc. built into it, so I am trying to take advantage of those features.

However, I need to figure out how to broadcast either Real Media Video or Windows Media Video to a server. Does anyone know of any compatible programs or software (preferably free if possible) that I can use with this?

I tried downloading RealProducer, but I can't get it to open to install on the Mac... I am more of a PC person, so I don't know many of these simple things that have to be done on the Mac to install, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much!!
    jc105 Posts: 162, Reputation: 17

May 2, 2006, 12:21 PM
    Well, capture software is on you, but to my knowledge, vlc, available at videolan.org, has a built in video streamer. I've never successfully gotten it to work but I have only tried in passing no real troubleshooting.

But to capture the video is on you, VLC can play any codec, except maybe that realplayer crap, but I never watch realvideo.

VLC is for ALL platforms, PC, Mac, Linux, open source. You can install any codec you can get your hands on manually.
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

May 2, 2006, 12:48 PM
    Hello,

Thanks for your reply... I have checked out this player and it is only available for OS X, not OS 9.2. It is disappointing that Mac has totally made this operating system obsolete.

The capturing software is already installed - I believe it is Mac's built in software.

Thanks for your help.
    jc105 Posts: 162, Reputation: 17

Jun 29, 2006, 01:15 PM
    VLC is open source...

If someone was feeling adventurous they could probably compile for OS 9...

Maybe?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Streaming media [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking to see if there is a free server out there to stream video. Does anyone know of one that is rather easy to use. I have found one for audio but the company does not make one for video I am just wanting this for my own personal use. I would love any help and thanks ahead of time.

Streaming video [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Lately, whenever I try to access a video on the internet (like through MSN newcasts) the video and audio come through OK but the video is all washed out and faded almost colorless. This just started happening recently. I'm using a broadband connection for...

Webcam streaming [ 2 Answers ]

I would be grateful if anyone could advise why I cannot get pictures from streaming webcams from a British ISP, Tesco.net. Whenever I try to use their connection the web page loads Java and then the pictures go blank and then everything just hangs. I have to close everything down and restart. If...

Live Web Streaming [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I would like to setup a LIVE CAM on my intranet.. How would you go about doing this? Thanks! ?

Web Live Streaming [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: I would like to setup a LIVE CAM on my intranet.. How would you go about doing this? Thanks! ?

View more questions Search