Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andreyalex Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 01:39 PM
    I did not receive payment for the job I made online
    Dear Sirs,

I have an agreement with translation service. Accroding to the agreement I have to translate some documents for them and they have to pay me. I received the E-signature from the translation agency that states my service will be paid.
    I have done my part and sent the work to them. But, they do not want to pay saing that the client who requested translation are upset about the result. I asked what exactly the client is upset about, but there were no answers. They start ignoring my calls and emails. I had to spend more than 48 hours to have the work done, but I still have not been paid.
    My question is what I can do to get my money?
    Can I file the small claim court?
    Can I file the claim in the court in my residence, because the agency's address in the different state?

Thank you for you time

If you have any legal advices about my situation

Sincerely,

Andrey
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 27, 2008, 03:55 PM
    We are constantly asked for references, information about jobs in line because it seems people think this is the ultimate way to make money, on line, no car, no down time but your post is the perfect example for not getting enough information. You have to investigate, investigate and then ask more questions if you want to get paid - on line.

Is there a written document that you signed ? Do you know address, e mail addresses, people to contact and telephone numbers?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 27, 2008, 05:55 PM
    Yes you can sue them, I would file in your local court and see if they wish to object.

Of course remember if hey don't show up, and you win, then what, how are you going to get your money after you win?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collection agency still calling after payment agreement made & pymts being made [ 4 Answers ]

I have an outstanding bill with Hydro one in Ontario of 800.00 owing since 2003, with interest the bill has now doubled to 1600.00, I was unable to make payments on this bill due to financial reasons, but this past month & half I have been paying 100.00 /month to the collection agency, they are...

Still have car but have not made a payment [ 14 Answers ]

I still have my 2006 car that I purchased back in May 2006. My last payment was November 2006. I have had major health problems and unable to work. The car was my only transportation. I still have my car and have not made a payment. They have not called or anything in past year. It is on my credit...

Handling Customer Payment Made to Partner Rather Than to the Business [ 1 Answers ]

My question involves an LLC with multiple partners. One of the partners worked out a deal with a customer to provide some training services for the customer. The customer has made their check out to the partner rather than to the business. We believe the customer will end up sending the partner...

I think I made a mistake. Agreeing to a payment [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I am in West Virginia. I rec a summons on may 11 stating I had 20 days to respond at the courts office. Here it is, 11 days later. I called and was told my payment options. Never once did she tell me that by agreeing to this that a judgement would be against me. She said call back mon...

Made one payment [ 1 Answers ]

Hi this is crissy again about the law suit I took out in 10/04 and now I received one payment of $50.00 because I said I was going to take him back to court and I received that in feb 07 since he made that payment I guess I can not take him back to court?

View more questions Search