Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teddycools Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 12:22 PM
    Can my wife apply for a visa different from the Dependent visa she got?
    Hi,
    I'm French, I married a girl from west Africa and I brought her to the UK.We have been together for 2years. But now I can't support her anymore. She aborted twice; she refused to give me a child because she said she is not ready. She's always insulting me comparing her exes to me.I stop the process of renewing her visa. I decided to send her back to Africa to continue her life where she think she more happy but she does not want. Is there any way that she can apply for a visa different from the Dependent visa without divorce. Can I do the divorce in Africa instead of here in UK.If I refuse the divorce can she get another visa without my documents?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 27, 2008, 12:34 PM
    1. You can file for a divorce in UK, no need to go do it in Africa. Marriage in one country can be legally acknowledged in another country. The point is you must file in the country/state you reside.

2. Since she is on dependent visa, her status will be terminated as soon as the divorce is final. If she wants to remain in UK on her own, she must file for change of status to other non-immigrant visas such as visitor's visa or student visa, and this must be done before the divorce is final. The chance that she may be granted new status after divorce depends on many aspects.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband on H1B visa, Wife on F1 visa- Can we file jointly using form 1040 EZ [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am on an H1B visa and my wife is on an F1 visa. We got married in Dec 2007. I was wondering whether I could file form 1040EZ using the Married Filing Jointly status? Thanks a lot in advance

Dependent visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Im a student in Uk and I want to bring my husband to uk on a dependent visa... Please let me know the documents which is needed and the process... I am eagerly waiting fir your replies. Thanks & Regards Nithya {Moved to Visas & Passports-the Introductions forum is not for...

Apply for US Visit Visa while a valid L1 Visa [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I need to visit US to meet my relative. I have 3 year valid L1 visa. Is it possible to get a US Visit Visa with out canceling the L1 Visa? Please advice

I am on H1 visa my wife on H4 visa. Which form to fill? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am on H1 visa and my wife is on H4 visa. I don't know which tax form to fill? Is it 1040NR EZ or 1040NR? Can I cliam tax exemption for my wife? Sathya

View more questions Search