Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anniemham Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Partner or Investor
    What is the difference between a Partner (silent or otherwise) and an investor?
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Aug 27, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Hmm, I'm not sure if this is quite what you were asking but hope it helps.

Taken from: The Law & Your Business: Legally, what's the difference between active investors and passive investors? (ABA Division for Public Education)

Active investors are your general partners or general members (along with you) of a limited liability company.

Passive investors who aren't involved in the day-to-day operations are your limited partners, or limited members of your limited liability company, or shareholders of your corporation.

So basically partners (which can be called investors but active investors according to what's above) are involved in the business and investors are just shareholders or just shares a part of the financing.

A silent partner would be about the same as an investor I think. Someone that has a part in the financing area but not with managing or so forth of the business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need investor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I need help finding an investor for an entertainment business. We are located in South Florida. Any suggestions? I want to get our business going.:confused:

In need of an investor [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I am interested in opening up a night club or bar in or around richmond virginia. I am in need of an investor / silent partner. I know all about the business for it to be successful. I have worked in or managed clubs all my adult life. How do I go about finding an investor

Need Investor(s) [ 4 Answers ]

I am in the Austin, Texas area and have everything I need to start my restaurant... everything except 1-2 investors. Could anyone give me advice on how I can go about finding investors? Any help and/or info would be appreciated.

Amateur investor [ 2 Answers ]

I am an amateur in investing I have been following the US stock market and researching stocks for the past 6 months and reading books that would help me with the stocks. I would like to start investing money into the stock market, but I am anxious if I have enough knowledge to start with. Is it...

View more questions Search