Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    looseendz Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 06:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    Where did you find this? I find the formula - which is complicated - but nothing that mentions this percentage.

I do not know the formula or where to find the percentage but when I was not receiving my full support order I called and they said it was because they can not take more than 65% of his pay (if he does not work a full week for whatever reason)
    looseendz Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    I have no idea what your circumstances and maybe there are extenuating circumstances but Massachusetts State Law says monthly support is -

1 child - $167 plus 22% of weekly income over $750;
    2 children - $199 plus 30% of weekly income over $750;
    3 children - $222 plus 33% of weekly income over $750.

It actually depends on the parents income because I only get $65 a week for 2 children, there father has another support order for older child that is $80 a week for one child.

BASIC ORDER

The basic child support obligation, based upon the income of the non-custodial parent is as follows:

GROSS WEEKLY INCOME NUMBER OF CHILDREN
    1 2 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0-$100 Discretion of the court, but not less than $80 per month

$101-$280 21% 24% 27%

$281-$750 $59 + 23% $67 + 28% $76 + 31%

(% refers to all dollars over $280)
    $751-max $167 + 25% $199 + 30% $222 + 33%

(% refers to all dollars over $750)

For children in excess of 3 covered by the order, the support shall be no less than that for 3 children; should a judge order support at the 3 child level, written findings shall describe the circumstances of the particular case which warrant the minimum order.

Within the discretion of the court, and in consideration of the totality of the circumstances of the parties, the Basic Order may be either increased or decreased by 2%. An adjustment of 2% shall not be considered a deviation.

B. AGE DIFFERENTIAL

The above orders are to be increased to reflect the cost of raising older children. The following is intended to be applied to the age of the oldest child in the household for whom support is sought under the pending action.

AGE OF OLDEST CHILD PERCENTAGE INCREASE

0-12 Basic Order Applies
    13-18 Basic Order + 10% of Basic Order
    Over 18 Discretion of the court (and if statute permits)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Modification of child support [ 2 Answers ]

I was divorced 1994 receiving child support of $75/wk for my son (now 17). Right now after 13 years I am receiving only $85/wk(to be increased to $90 next month. The father I'm sure is making more over the years. Can I apply for modification? Also, he is going to college in Sept. What are the...

Modification for child support [ 11 Answers ]

Im thinking of filing a modification for child support.. I was divorced in 2002 and back then I took under guidelines for child support.. I now want to file to be within guidelines.. I also know he makes a lot more money now. Are they are laws or anything I should know.. Ive read somewhere about...

Child support modification [ 1 Answers ]

My original divorce agreement includes child support based on my ex's salary from 9 years ago. He refuses to disclose his current salary since I have asked for an increase and I directed him to the website which describes how it is calculated. Is there any way to obtain his current salary without...

First I would like to know when the support law changed in Indiana from 18 to 21? Also how do you file to modify items when you live out of state? I really don't want to have to retain an attorney if at all possible. I am trying to keep things cordial between my ex and myself. If they go away to...

When my husband divorced his first wife, she was awarded spousal support of $400 a month for 44 months and $400 for child support (one child.) This was based on her making $45,000 a year, while he made $86,000 a year. She had three children from a previous marriage, receiving child support for...

View more questions Search