Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 12:24 PM

WOW! Excellent and outstanding post above, Stringer! I'm sure what you have posted will be a boon to many others down the line here!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 12:56 PM

Thank you sir, you are a gentleman as always.

This is a "rough" profile of the many proposals/contracts that I use that I have developed over the last 25 years and has been approved by our attorneys to be binding.

There are many others that are aligned to a specific market I. E; health care, manufacturing, banking, warehousing, office buildings (direct to owner or to property management companies), and so on...

What I am trying to say here is that you should twink them to make them appropriate to the particular market AND to your particular prospect; If they tell you they are concerned about a certain part of their present service then address that in your proposal AND how you WILL CORRECT THAT.

They will pay much more attention to you, however... if you do not fix this problem they WILL not be happy.

Stringer
    nanc1430 Posts: 106, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 03:28 PM
    Wow Stringer, this is great!
    Will change some things so it isn't exactly the same but it gives me everything I need to get a proposal written up.
    I am working on offices right now along with property management companies.
    I will be on later today to write some more.
    Thanks
    nanc1430
    Business Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 04:19 PM

Good... I am glad that it helped you...

If you notice there are a lot of things covered in the proposal/contract that CYA (cover you a**) and are important as these things will eventually come up for discussion and you want to be professional and have them covered up front. Only the voice of experience...

If someone has a problem with any part of the proposal/contract, I would begin to wonder what their motives are for now and down the road. Is is a sorry situation that you have to take the trouble to do this but it will benefit you and your company in the long run... always be prepared not sorry.
    Business Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 10:31 PM

Nanc, here is a decent website for "business plans" you can browse and see if you can learn anything new. As I mentioned, you have to have a plan... I know that at this time when you are trying to get things started that you are busy, but this is necessary learning and planning... try it;

Business Plan Software and Free Sample Business Plans
    Business Expert

Oct 14, 2008, 07:03 AM

Hi Nanc, I haven't seen you here lately but I have posted below some more info on hiring janitorial employees from The Janitorial Store as an example of the type of information that is available at this site:

Tip of the Week:
    10 Topics to Discuss in Janitorial Orientations

When you hire a new employee you need to make sure your paperwork is in order before they can start working. But you also need to review your company policies so they understand what is expected of them as an employee. Here are 10 topics you should cover during employee orientations:

Attendance and Punctuality. You may think all your employees know they should show up to work and be on time. But many people don't have a sense urgency when it comes to being prompt for work, so you need to stress the importance of being on time and also the importance of good attendance.

Hours and Locations. Janitorial workers may work at different times and different locations depending on your customers' needs. Ensure they know what their hours are each day and the locations they'll be reporting to.

Breaks. Do you have a policy for break times? Make sure your employees not only know if they are eligible for a break, but when and where they should take their break. Sitting at the president's desk at your client's office is not acceptable.

Timekeeping Policy. Do your employees have to fill out a time sheet? Do you have an automated timekeeping system? Train each employee on how to fill out the time sheet or call into the timekeeping system.

Payday. Let your employees know when payday is and if they can pick up their check at your office or if you will deliver it to them when they report to work.

Dress Code. Do you have a company shirt that each employee is required to wear? Are they allowed to wear blue jeans or do you want them to wear black pants? What about shoes? If you don't allow sandals then you need to tell your employees of this policy.

Use of Client Property. It may be common sense to you, but you need to make sure employees understand that they are not allowed to use client property. Give examples like fax machines, copiers, telephones and computers. Let them know they are not allowed to open desk drawers or cabinets or sit at people's desks.

Breakage. If an employee breaks something when cleaning, they need to know how to handle the situation. Tell them if they should leave a note, call a supervisor, etc.

Discipline.
    Explain your discipline policy to each employee. Most companies start with verbal warnings. Then if the situation escalates, use written warnings, probation, suspension and finally termination. Give examples of company violations that would trigger a disciplinary action.

Voluntary Termination.
    Let your employees know that you expect sufficient notification of termination. Also let them know who to give notice to and what needs to be turned in and when (keys, uniforms, handbooks, equipment, vehicles).
    These are just a few of the company policies that should be covered with your new employees at orientation. By covering these important topics you'll avoid problems down the road.

Copyright (c) The Janitorial Store (TM)

NOTE: If you don't have an employee manual that covers many of these topics then you might be interested in The Janitorial Store's Cleaning Company Policy Manual and Employee Handbook.
    nanc1430 Posts: 106, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 07:47 AM
    Thanks Stringer,
    Good to hear from you.
    I have been pretty busy with this spec house.
    They have to get it done by this Sat for the parade of houses and they are having lots of problems. (plummer)
    Due to these problems, it's keeping us from doing a complete clean until all that is rectified.
    I will keep this information you gave me for later. It is very helpful. Thank you
    I will be using temp services if I need any help right now. It is only my son, a friend of the family(which doesn't take all they are suppose to for pay right now) and me.
    We are going through temp ourselves right now as I really don't need the hassle of the bookwork on top of everything else.
    I have been spending my time advertising, doing work and trying to cold call.
    Later on I will start doing my own payroll.
    I am putting everything I can back into the business.
    They pay everything and insurances also. It's costing me about $4.50 more per hour but worth it.
    I will probably be on tonight if your around.
    Hope to be talking to you
    Nanc
    Business Expert

Oct 14, 2008, 08:05 AM

Make sure that you client knows about the delays, actually you should keep them informed as to your progress always. This avoids any questions later.

I think you are doing the right thing presently by using the temp service. However as you continue in this competitive and present economic market this will be an adverse decision as you will not be competitive in getting new jobs. And even if you cut your profits to compensate, it WILL damage your bottom line... severely.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2009, 02:13 AM

Original question is now old and has had more than enough, sufficient answers. Original poster has not returned to this thread in a long time and it's now becoming prone to attracting spam advertisers.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Any responses? [ 6 Answers ]

Anybody know anything about hydroquinone

Women's responses only thanks [ 18 Answers ]

I am trying to see how many women prefer men shaving there pubic hair or "downstairs" area :) it would be helpful if you could give a response to what you think and what you would want going on down there on your guy lol thanks

Short responses. What do they mean? [ 1 Answers ]

There is a girl I like, she is extremely shy. I have tried to converse with her over email, giving her compliments, asking her general questions, to try to get her to talk with me. She always responds, but with one or two words... not enough to reply to. I see her at school, but I know she would...

Jack the Ripper responses [ 5 Answers ]

I need to know a site or a book that has some responses to the Jack the ripper murders by eyewitnesses and the media. I need this for a very important history assignment. Please help!

View more questions Search