Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vbg1980 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 03:38 AM
    Query on Excel
    I'm really confused now about creating a chart in Excel - yesterday I thought I was an expert!

Anyway, please help me with the following:

I want to create a scatter diagram (displaying x and y values at any one time). What I get is a vertical kind of diagram, with the values of X and Y. So that's fine. At this point, I want to give a name to the points and don't want to do it manually - is there a way of doing this? I paste below the info of what Im trying to do:

Grade Service
    Anne -15% 43%
    Katie -13% 81%
    Nisha -11% 62%
    Aidan -8% 67%
    Martha -7% 67%

Thanks for helping!! :)
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 27, 2008, 05:41 AM
    Like this? I think the only way is to enter each point as its own series on an XY scatter plot - then you can specify that you want the points labeled with their series name. It's a bit time consuming.
    Attached Images

vbg1980 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 06:06 AM
    Yes. You're right - it is time consuming! I thought excel had a faster way of doing this, but now you have just reassured me that its not the case. THANKS!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect one excel sheet to other excel sheet [ 28 Answers ]

How to connect one excel sheet to other excel sheet.

Query Regarding W4 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am in US since Jan first week of 2008 and am not sure how many Exemptions can claim in federal and state W4. My wife is on H4. So for I have been claiming only one Exemptions and the marital status is single. When or can I change that to married. Will that help me save some tax. ...

XML query [ 1 Answers ]

Tell me everything about XML.

DNS Query Query. A Query about DNS Queries... [ 12 Answers ]

I am a software developer, I don’t know much about networks. I have a working network but with one weird (well to me it’s weird) problem. If you can offer any insight I’ll be very grateful! <!--- Image Attachment Below (I couldn't find a way to paste it here in the editor :-( ) ---> ...

View more questions Search